MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
I saw someone on Twitter complain about the fart jokes in G5 and I pointed out that Tell your tale is just tell your tale is just a spin off series and make your mark did not has them.
And pretty much his logic is that There is a high chance they will just because Sparky is there.
I know it’s not impossible them to happen but come on
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@LoreJuniper
Where did you hear this from? I’ve seen no credible sources backing this up.
@DerpyFast
Yay, I love not feeling like the only brony in existence who actually enjoyed Pony Life. It may be the worst MLP show we’ve gotten since “the pony renaissance” with FiM, but that’s mainly by default. It was never trying to be on par with FiM.
Posted Report
Background Pony #6E85
@CloudMistDragon
Its from a leaker who has gotten many things right in the past with the comics and shows developments
Also ch 4 is eps and a special together
This means that Hasbro has very big problems with the MYM production. Such a large gap between September 2022 and June 2023 is unthinkable for a children’s TV series, as it means that large customer groups will disappear by themselves. C3 is just a special, as C2 was to be followed by C4. And that also means that lots of toys and other things have to be withheld or sold and at the same time reveal the content of the MYM episodes. This is a lose-lose for Hasbro.
What had happened? Here, a season has been drawn out with almost a year between chapters! We were supposed to have C4 in February-March, and C5 was supposed to “finish” the first season before the start of the summer holidays. While adults can wait, there is no patience in children and their parents, everyone knows it, including the management at Hasbro!
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
Meh theres difference between patience and it being such a large gap they forget about it. Its not like 1 episode happens every week they have to wait for. This is half a damn year for 8 eps and a special :(
Posted Report
Background Pony #6E85
Hasbro needs to calm the mood around the G5, and it needs to happen very soon. If everything has to be withheld, this can have unforeseen consequences. How can TYT continue if the episodes based on content from MYM C4 have to be omitted? How can you make and sell new toys if there is no content whatsoever around them? IDW comics don’t have problems as they now stick to single stories.
Hasbro can’t keep the issues quiet. Now many people are starting to realize that something is wrong here, as the release dates for C4 wait and wait, there will follow speculation and a lot of other things that can quickly get out of control. The future of the G5 - which is not intended for adults, but for children - is put in great danger of being a failure for Hasbro, which was supposed to celebrate an anniversary around My Little Pony this very year.
Hasbro needs to speak up. The more they remain silent, the more people will be uninsured, and then interest will drop off abruptly and many will then just give up, while children will walk away when they lose their interest in MLP.
It doesn’t work anymore. If the G5 teams have to give up in the end because they can’t do their job, that’s the end.
Then Hasbro must stop being silent!
Posted Report
Background Pony #13BA
Makes me wish they just used Boulder Media for MYM. They shot themselves in the foot by selling it. We could have gotten better quality and faster production.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1537
@LoreJuniper
Thing is, Hasbro is trying to improve the quality of MYM, especially considering the animation errors on Winter Wishday.
At least, I assume.
@Background Pony #13BA
I doubt that would’ve helped, considering that:
A. Hasbro ended up in debt, partly due to the Eone Purchase.
B. Even then, it wouldn’t matter, since Hasbro would still sell Boulder after MYM C2.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Background Pony #1537
If that’s what they’re going for, April 14 would make more sense to be the date to shoot for, considering that was when the original G1 pilot special, Rescue at Midnight Castle, was released. Also, funnily enough, Make Your Mark Chapter 2 premiered on the same day the G1 show’s first episode premiered. That’s discounting the original pilot (which “officially” premiered later on the same day as Make Your Mark Chapter 3, really thinking this is more than coincidence now, heh), and the premiere of the G1 movie.
@Background Pony #6E85
They’re not withholding that new Zipp Storm toy inspired by the Bridlewoodstock special from the looks of it. It’s still not in stock, but Amazon promises a Prime delivery by April 4.
Background Pony #6E85
@Background Pony #1537
If that’s what they’re going for, April 14 would make more sense to be the date to shoot for, considering that was when the original G1 pilot special, Rescue at Midnight Castle, was released. Also, funnily enough, Make Your Mark Chapter 2 premiered on the same day the G1 show’s first episode premiered. That’s discounting the original pilot (which “officially” premiered later on the same day as Make Your Mark Chapter 3, really thinking this is more than coincidence now, heh), and the premiere of the G1 movie.
@Background Pony #6E85
They’re not withholding that new Zipp Storm toy inspired by the Bridlewoodstock special from the looks of it. It’s still not in stock, but Amazon promises a Prime delivery by April 4.
Such a marking is cause for celebration and to attract interested customers, so this should have been announced a long time ago. As it had been too long since C3, one had to keep this in mind to maintain interest. Many will be looking forward to how the Mane 5 will deal with the first real enemy they encounter, how Misty will betray them and then help them, how Sunny will confront Opaline. It will be very important for the continuation of MYM/TYT. The latest TYT episode has shown that Opaline and Misty had switched strategies, they will now be on the inside to abduct Sparky from the Mane 5.
So if Netflix doesn’t have C4 on the way in April or May - game over.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Background Pony #FE51
Yeah, according to Hasbro’s financial reports, G5 revenue was increasing in the third quarter last year and is still a growth property even after Hasbro’s disappointing end-year report.
So yeah, no need to monger fear.
Posted Report
harasha456
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Cringemiester
unsurprising since mlp is the only property hasbro owns that they aren’t running into the ground. I personaly think that’s because it’s acctualy hasbro’s creation (A common thread with the stuff they’re screwing up is that they’re properties hasbro bought instead of created)
Posted Report
Background Pony #E8C9
The thing is, even if TYT is a spin-off, it’s still the most frequent source of G5 we have compared to MYM, which is the “main” G5 but only has stuff that comes out every few months. People are going to match G5 more to the one that’s most fresh in their minds, and unfortunately it’s the one with the frequent fart jokes.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
I wouldnt mind some g4 villians coming back, altho i def would want it at a low ratio, like 1 g4 villian for ever 4 new g5 villians
My top pick would be cozy glow bc she would wreck havoc in g5s magic-new world
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide