MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Phoenixflambe
I don’t watch Tell your Tale, so it’s hard for me to recognize her. Just because I like G5 doesn’t mean I memorize everything that happened in one segment of G5 that I don’t watch.
@LoreJuniper
This confirms the fact that the 3D artists have different models as a basis to create different characters with different measures. This helps to gain time, especially considering how tricky the rig system is. Having different models with their respective rigs helps a lot when it comes to produce a 3D show about colorful ponies.
Posted Report
Background Pony #A37A
Do you ever feel like MLP is held back by Hasbro? Imagine how good G5 could have been with a halfway competent company.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Background Pony #A37A
At least in regards to G5 being held back by delays, I don’t think that’s Hasbro’s fault. Even as they’ve long regretted their eOne (production company behind MYM) purchase, they’ve pretty much had no choice but to sell it along with Boulder Media in order to compensate for losses in a time where the economy sucks HARD. Netflix also sucks with the way they manage certain shows too.
They are going to have to get the next part of MYM out soon though, considering the big thing we’ve all been expecting from the beginning is getting ever so close…
Misty’s element is going to be Empathy.
Background Pony #AAFC
@Background Pony #A37A
At least in regards to G5 being held back by delays, I don’t think that’s Hasbro’s fault. Even as they’ve long regretted their eOne (production company behind MYM) purchase, they’ve pretty much had no choice but to sell it along with Boulder Media in order to compensate for losses in a time where the economy sucks HARD. Netflix also sucks with the way they manage certain shows too.
They are going to have to get the next part of MYM out soon though, considering the big thing we’ve all been expecting from the beginning is getting ever so close…
Misty’s element is going to be Empathy.
Anyway, Hasbro shouldn’t have made a big mess with the release date for future MYM chapters. We should have learned when the C4 comes out a long time ago. All three first chapters were finished before Hasbro will sell eOne, since then we have not learned more about when the subsequent chapters will come. So there is now a danger of unwanted revelations before C4 comes out, as recently seen with Misty and her element which is supposed to be “Empathy”.
It is still good to see that the Hasbro/G5 teams had already understood how infinite the various elements are, so that we can see deviations between the hero groups between generations as with the Pillars, the Mane 6 and now the New Mane 6. And if the G5 teams get together and do it more correctly, we will learn much more about the background lore than what had happened in the G4. We have a good idea of how magic might work. We know a little more about the cutie marks, the latest revelations from the Discord Arc show that these are perhaps where the essence of the Ponykind is found.
Now it is said that we will learn more about the crystals and their role in magic and the ponies. And the matter of Opaline being a “Fire alicorn” might mean that they will also explore the elements. I think there were only four basic elements in the beginning, which later resulted in many different elements. This gives the opportunity to discover the ponies’ secrets that can stretch far into the past around magic, the cutie marks, the crystals and the elements.
We already know what is going to happen in C4, and possibly later in C5, so the G5 teams should surprise us with details, revelations, new plots and background. When a story becomes predictable, the little details are what will keep the interest. One only needs to look at “One Punch Man” to realize that - this manga was based on a web comic, yet it became a success because what was known was elaborated and expanded with a lot of detail and depth. Like what’s going to happen when Sunny faces Opaline, will we see the first alicorn battle since Celestia verses Nightmare Moon?
Izzy will get a young student for whom she will be a teacher, will she become an important background figure with her own significance in the story of the G5? Will Discord stay in the background in MYM/TYT by staying in Canterlot or not showing up? All these missing details are what should attract interest.
Then it meant that boredom did not take over.
Posted Report
Background Pony #1019
G5 isn’t the worst show ever. It’s not even the worst piece of MLP media from this decade (That would be Pony Life).
Posted Report
Background Pony #A6E9
Why do most people say MYM is coming back on July? I also saw a comment in you tube . He/she said that it’s coming back on May.
What the he’ll is going on?!!
Posted Report
Background Pony #A6E9
Why do most people say MYM is coming back on July? I also saw a comment in you tube . He/she said that it’s coming back on May.
What the hell is going on?!!
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide