MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@LoreJuniper
Thinking more of it The way she talks about alicorns and how 3 races are supposed to fear and serve them( Even telling misty not to think) Makes me think she’s not just a natural born alicorns but like some pure blood. Possibly even comes directly from an alicorns homeland where they are actually seen as gods
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@CloudMistDragon
Not that it cannot be drawn on, but this looks too nice to be a drawn-on doodle cutie mark.
@LoreJuniper
Character names are weird really. Applejack and Fluttershy did not have second names like Applejack Apple or Fluttershy Shy, Rarity technically as one but it’s so less referred to and weird so we cut out “Belle” from it since just Rarity is better and regarding what I said about Applejack and Fluttershy just being themselves, I don’t think secondary names are required, even Rufus doesn’t have one. And if we were to count Tempest possibly legally changing her name to what it is now, I doubt there’s a law requiring ponies to adopt a last name let alone be able to give themselves one. Opaline didn’t even bother to think of one herself though like: “Hmm, Misty. Yep, I’m gonna call you just Misty.”
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@northern haste
Have you forgotten that all the evidence we’ve seen so far points towards her actually being related to the Crystal Ponies and becoming a fire alicorn through the power of a gemstone, a gemstone also seen on her spy compact mirror? It’s even on her cutie mark, a clue that she became a fire alicorn and was not born one.
This cutie mark is of a fiery gemstone and fiery wings. When does a pony get their cutie mark? When they discover their talent. This seems to suggest that Opaline discovered her talent upon gaining her fire alicornhood and this mark of hers is also seen in the Crystal Heart.
As for saying that her alicorn supremacy is evidence that she was a natural-born alicorn…just one problem. In Ali-Conned, Opaline was well-aware that Sunny wasn’t a natural-born alicorn, yet made no comment on how that would make her inferior to a natural-born alicorn. In fact, she initially admired Sunny’s alicorn side regardless. She even got offended when Sunny “refused to acknowledge her alicorn greatness”. And even in her anger, she still referred to Sunny as “that alicorn”.
The evidence does not favor her being a natural-born alicorn.
Posted Report
Background Pony #E5CF
New Mane 6, here we come. Most of the revelations about upcoming events in G5 more often happen on the toy front than elsewhere, we learned about Opaline’s interesting features long before this appears in MYM.
Now we know about Misty’s cutie mark, and that she is meant to play an important role; she uses electronic equipment here - and Opaline seems to be a tech skeptic. This may prove that she has freed herself from her adoptive mother. Her mane colors suggest that she had had a “magical awakening” as seen on Sunny. Then it was believed that this model is of Misty who had received her magic. Now we just need to find out what element she has.
Since the toys are coming out later in the year, that could mean that the first battle between Opaline and Sunny will happen in C4 - C5 will probably come out in the summer, way too late. Since Opaline is in the toy front, it means she will get away, no doubt as bitter as Vegeta after his defeat by Goku in the Dragon Balls. And since she has a library of spell books, it is possible that Sunny will raid her dark castle during the second battle between her and Opaline.
Sunny more and more resembles a worthy successor to Twilight. It wouldn’t be surprising if she should fall to her dark impulses if there are books that can help her ponies out.
I think C4 is coming in March, possibly at the same time or just after the conclusion of the Discord Arc. Then it is not long before the first trailer for C4, which may arrive during February.
C5 will probably be about Misty and the Mane 5, Sunny’s start of the training of her alicorn powers and the preparations for the first expedition into the world so familiar to us, yet transformed into the unknown. Won’t be surprising if Opaline shows up in C5 in a dark mood in the dark castle. Perhaps Hologram-Twilight will make her entrance in C5, revealing that Twilight is still “alive” in G5, just not available.
When C5 ends, perhaps the Wishing Star will return to witness the six cutie marks projected by the Unity crystals. Like the start of the New Mane 6. This can end S1 of G5 and start S2 of G5.
Posted Report
Jewellier
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Gigachad theme plays*
Fellas, is it gay to be attracted to Hitch?
I mean, I’m in the fandom for pretty long to know that this is probably fine, but I’ve never felt something of this kind to a pony character before. I’m conflicted.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Rewatched “Have You Seen This Dragon”.
It’s rare for something in this show to really get to me. But that scene with Opaline at the end has some “I don’t like how mom gets when she drinks” energy. It’s easily Season Five levels of dark, and I’m viscerally invested in seeing Opaline get defeated.
Other than that, it’s neat to see a more vulnerable side of Hitch. He’s genuinely torn up that Sparky is missing. And Misty’s antics are really fun to watch, which makes the Opaline scene hit even harder.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
Oh man, that’s my favorite episode of MYM Chapter 2. I loved seeing that side of Hitch too and it has my favorite moments from both him and Misty in that chapter. The sympathy the end elicits for Misty…it’s something I don’t think I’ve ever really felt for a villain in the MLP shows.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp

Random quiz I thought up. Maybe try and spoiler your answers to avoid spoiling them:
Who was the first earth pony to use their plant magic onscreen?
True or False? We are yet to see Pipp without her tiara canonically?
What was the first sentence Misty said?
What was the name of Windy’s debut episode?
What flowers did Dahlia say she was allergic to in MYM C2?
What was the first hoof design Jazz had on screen?
What name did Izzy give her vehicle?
Who said the following? “Today has just got more interesting…”
What character(s) (Not including the M5 or Sparky. Or any of the critters) has the most screen time so far?
What names did Sugar Moonlight incorrectly call Misty?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide