MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I’ve thought more about The Royal Family, and I have a theory about how their relationship deteriorated.
Pipp is an extrovert who craves new experiences, and a lot of what she enjoys involves staying still. Zipp is an introvert who craves stimulation and becomes bored easily, and is less open to new experiences. The two didn’t figure out how to put aside these differences, and they began to slowly drive a wedge between the two. I think Zipp started to internalize the idea that nobody understood her, and she became more withdrawn as a result.
No points for theorizing that Pipp used social media to fill the void her increasingly avoidant sister was creating. More specifically, it became a source of new experiences, and an outlet for her to share new things she had created. It wasn’t long before Queen Haven saw the potential. But this was where a lot of Zipp’s resentment came from. Zipp was the smart one, but not only was Pipp naively perpetuating a lie that she barely understood, Pipp got to be the favourite for it. But Pipp was also the one putting in the effort to maintain a relationship with their mother.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Background Pony #3F82
I’ll rather not read all that. But it’s not the races itself that’s the problem. It’s their execution on how they’re presented. That’s the criticism I heard about anyway, and I don’t have a problem with others being kingdoms at all.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Andyxdr
Glad to see my girl Tree Hugger get appreciation in G5 <3
@Phoenixflambe
The top one is by Pablo Picasso and it’s cubism and the bottom one is by Andy Warhol which was inspired by the famous one involving Marilyn Monroe.
Posted Report
Background Pony #3F82
@Background Pony #3F82
I’ll rather not read all that. But it’s not the races itself that’s the problem. It’s their execution on how they’re presented. That’s the criticism I heard about anyway, and I don’t have a problem with others being kingdoms at all.
“It’s their execution on how they’re presented.”
What was meant by this? It must be emphasized that Twilight went to great lengths to establish friendships with non-ponies, first demonstrated with the rather “rude” yaks, then with her Friendship School that fostered the Young 6 - this continued in the comics as demonstrated by the S10. It was her goal at the end of G4 to open up Equestria and create friendships with the other realms, and Opaline confirmed it by declaring that she had built herself an empire. At the beginning of S10, we saw Twilight express imperial ambitions as she organized the expeditions to different realms on probably three continents. We possibly see the results of this in the G5, as I said it is completely impossible for just a few tens of thousands of ponies to have technology similar to what we have in our world. Especially not without magic. Our technology is globally created.
If we’re lucky, the G5 teams can bury the travesty that parts of the S10 were, and continue with the very good parts of this. The non-pony personalities in the Farasi, among the abyssinians and the diamond dogs were very interesting. In S9, Spike had commented negotiations between the abyssinians and the diamond dogs, suggesting that the latter have their own realms, not just rag-tag bandits. Twilight had, in the time between the end of G4 and Equestria’s collapse as suggested by the IDW cover # 6, probably created a world order quite similar to what we have/had since 1945.
When the G4 took place, this world could be compared to the period 1890-1930 from our world, and the war between the equestrians and the Storm King in the G4 movie and then the Terrible Trio’s ravages in S9 could be perceived as a parallel to our two world wars. So when Celestia and Luna gave up their crowns and united them into one crown for Twilight, a new world had begun. The year 1945 had arrived, and one could think that this took place in the S10, where the different realms came together and agreed to strengthen each other’s relations.
Since it is natural to compare our world with the fictional world in terms of development, it has always been thought that things are much slower on Equus than on Earth. A hundred years for us humans could be a thousand years for the ponies. Twilight had probably ruled for many centuries and dominated the entire world not as a ruler but as a person of influence. She may have kept the whole world stable and peaceful for a very long time and ensured a time of greatness for the entire world’s population. This is likely the empire that Opaline mentions.
But since the 1980s we have a fascination with fallout fictional worlds that continues to this day, and this may have happened when the G5 came about. Without Twilight as a solid leader in times of crisis, rifts could easily arise in the world community that could fall apart. It is still possible that the structures of what she, the Mane 6 and Spike have created are still not gone.
The blanket in the TYT suggests that a vacant throne may await Sunny, who was shown as a bigger alicorn than her friends. Perhaps Opaline will steal the throne for herself, as she will surpass Twilight once and for all. To get there, all obstacles must be removed. Especially Sunny, who Opaline had come to understand is a threat to her plans after learning of the young alicorn’s internal ambitions.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Background Pony #3F82
From the readers perspective. I personally am absolutely okay with what they’re doing. It’s what had already happened, but not what they wanted.
If we’re lucky, the G5 teams can bury the travesty that parts of the S10 were, and continue with the very good parts of this. The non-pony personalities in the Farasi, among the abyssinians and the diamond dogs were very interesting. In S9, Spike had commented negotiations between the abyssinians and the diamond dogs, suggesting that the latter have their own realms, not just rag-tag bandits. Twilight had, in the time between the end of G4 and Equestria’s collapse as suggested by the IDW cover # 6, probably created a world order quite similar to what we have/had since 1945.
Hold up, what do you mean by that? And I meant on the personal feelings scale not more lengthy in-universe “lore” bits.
Background Pony #3F82
@Background Pony #3F82
From the readers perspective. I personally am absolutely okay with what they’re doing. It’s what had already happened, but not what they wanted.
Hold up, what do you mean by that? And I meant on the personal feelings scale not more lengthy in-universe “lore” bits.
The period between 1945 and 2021 saw a peaceful and politically stable world where the many different states faced each other as equal actors in a world order where most had an interest in maintaining peaceful and stable relations across borders, especially in Europe. This could be Twilight’s era in the MLP world. If Twilight were to succeed with the many different races across the world, her ideology is not enough, she must also process and balance different interests against each other. She must be able to befriend these who represent their own races.
I don’t think the G5 teams that work on world building are ignorant of what is happening in our world. We ourselves are in big trouble, even toddlers are not ignorant of this. The message behind G4-G5 is friendship and unity, which is now very much in demand in our world and which children of the growing generation should learn.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide