MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
And on this day of giving thanks, we can be grateful that the prodigal daughter of G5 had finally achieved a degree of happiness.
Posted Report
Background Pony #E52B
I think the special is the first time we’ve heard the incantation for a spell. Normally, the unicorn will just light up their horn and concentrate really hard.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
No.
She must suffer.
For the funny.
I ironically and unironically agree with this fully. Posey is a jerk, she deserves to suffer for our amusement. The Mane 5 also shared in her suffering before she got a happy ending. What more do you want?
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

If a character is going to suffer for our amusement, they need to deserve it.
But I think the schadenfreude has run its course, especially after her appearance on The Podcast, as well as her attending the carousel concert. Her whole deal is not liking new things, so I think the episode ending with her just being allowed to not like snow or winter is a nice way to bookend her character.
Posted Report
harasha456
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I'm Inevitable
“first snow day ever in maratime bay” sunny. but it dosen’t make any sense how does she know anything about snowboarding if this is literally the first time she’s seen snow. also I just don’t buy that this is their first time seeing snow maratime bay seems to be in a fairy temperate part of the world ie snow’s gonna snow.
Posted Report
harasha456
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I'm Inevitable
it occurred to me that we could use the pine trees in the episode to figure out maratime bay’s latitude but then I just realized they’re probably just cook pines because the animation studio is in canada.
Posted Report
Background Pony #9E60
“first snow day ever in maratime bay” sunny. but it dosen’t make any sense how does she know anything about snowboarding if this is literally the first time she’s seen snow. also I just don’t buy that this is their first time seeing snow maratime bay seems to be in a fairy temperate part of the world ie snow’s gonna snow.
Looking a little closer at the G5 movie; there is a mountain range with many high mountains not far from Maretime Bay that has a Mediterranean climate, in that it rains and is cold there in the winter without snow, Figgy had implied this by saying that Maretime Bay has a warm climate. But it is not far to high mountains with snow and cold weather. It’s not as uncommon as it seems. In Greece there is an island, Crete. In Crete, it rarely snowed on lower lands, but there are high mountains with plateau terrain that have a lot of snow every winter. Greece is a winter country as soon as you start moving inland from the coast.
So the ponies in Maretime Bay thus have no problem going to the mountains to find snow, and certainly spend a lot of their free time there. There are traditions for this in Scandinavia. But because of the Bridlewood unicorns they got a lot of snow for once in Maretime Bay, although this seemed to be in the forest edges higher up in the altitude. So when the Mane 5 took Posey with them, they headed up to one of the resorts that the earth ponies usually frequented, knowing that few would make it that far when there is a lot of snow in their own homes.
This place is called Prancing Point.
Posted Report
Lil_VampireCJ
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Lil_VampireCJ
now i hope they stop the posey abuse, she deserves enough already!
Same, its not funny anymore though it used to be funny at first for a little bit; it hasn’t been for awhile though now & its only getting annoying & repetitive its why I’ve sort of got bored of & stopped watching TYT for as I am getting sick of it. Posey deserves much better tbh; she never even did anything wrong apart from be honest & open with how she was finding change hard & finding it unfair in her opinion that earth ponies didn’t have magic. G5 makes it out like we are not allowed to be open and honest to others about being different, struggling with things like change etc which is sad.
They’re really not promoting or educating kids very well in a good way at all on how to move on and accept others for not liking something they like or struggle with change. G5 seems to promote a lot of “toxic & harmful” traits towards children too as if its okay to be toxic & harass someone over their difference or difficulty on change rather than educating them to understand it, be kind to them & move on; especially over free speech or others having a different opinion or different thoughts on change; and they always have to make them a “villain” over it which is just unfairly toxic & not a good thing or impression to give kids who watch it at all. They’re kind of undoing the work and stuff G4 was trying to tell us about it being okay for others to disagree or have a different opinion on something, as well as finding change hard. There’s plenty of references as well as episodes in G4 that try to educate viewers on people having different preferences & thoughts on change.
I am someone who genuinely struggles with change IRL personally; especially as I am autistic with not the best mental health status & it really frustrates me & puts me off G5 when I see them mistreating characters over finding change difficult & having a separate opinion from everyone else due to their stress of struggling; they should be teaching kids to be supportive & comforting to those struggling with change, rather than promoting them to harass, hurt and bully those who are struggling especially as it will not help those needing to move on with change as it will only make it harder, encourage insecurities & grudges/hate.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide