MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Dragon Dad
Right off the bat we get Sparky’s first appearance in TYT. 18 or so episodes after he debuted at the end of MYM Chapter 1, but hey.
Hitch has some good eyes. I had to watch the scene frame by frame to see the handcuff’s chains start to crack. Sorry, “hoofcuffs”.
Oh hey Misty. 18 or so episodes after she debuted at the end of MYM Chapter 1, but hey.
I had a doubletake when I first saw Misty having a cutie mark, but a closer look shows it was drawn on. Like the one Opaline wiped off. On a hunch I checked the one she drew on in MYM and it was also a butterfly.
Misty’s pen has a butterfly on it too. Won’t be much of a stretch to say her eventual actual cutie mark will be a butterfly with all these motifs.
Oh hey Opaline. 18 or so episodes after she debuted at the end of MYM Chapter 1, but hey.
NGL, but I liked Opaline’s 10 second appearance here more than her entirety of MYM. It mostly comes down to her MYM role is supposed to be as an actual story relevant antagonist but TYT’s more whimsical nature meant spoofing her lack of depth hits better.
Speaking of spoofing characterizations, Izzy’s bit with the lasers followed by distraction by literal jiggle keys got a good laugh out of me.
Surprise appearance of Hitch’s critters. Nice how he’s now just rolling with and taking advantage of being a critter magnet now.
3 minutes in and Maretime Bay sure seems to have a fair number of residents just strolling around. MYM lead me to believe otherwise.
I’ve mentioned before that not every joke TYT does is a knee-slapper but that they also don’t have to be. This show does a great job of just filling the airtime with enough “filler jokes” something I’m sure has an actual name but I can’t think of it and visual comedy to keep you entertained until an actual joke drops. Sparky rolling around in haircare products, Pipp just missing him as he walks by with a beautiful full head of blonde hair, and being back to bald in the next scene is a great example of that.
I wonder if Misty will replace Posey for the usual schadenfreude comedy? She would be perfect to use slapstick on as her technically being the bad guy will make the misfortune karmic in a way that Posey wouldn’t get without a necessary setup beforehand.
Yeah I had more fun with this 5 minute episode than the entirety of MYM Chapter 2. The difference ultimately came down to TYT having energy throughout its whole run while MYM kinda dragging to frequently fill most of its 8 episode’s 20 minute runtime.
It also makes me think that there is in fact coordination going on between the MYM and TYT teams. At the very least both TYT episodes that came out right after the MYM Chapters utilize characters or plot revelations that makes it assume you already watched MYM (and in this Dragon Dad’s case, watched all of MYM Chapter 2. Or at least episodes 7 and 8).
Sprout still hasn’t made his TYT debut yet though.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

House of the Arcana
@DerpyFast
At some point, if taking in the comics, Sunny must’ve found some book somewhere to know more heroes and villains so it’s safe to say she doesn’t know everything….yet.
@Lord WyrmSpawN
We weren’t even expecting earth ponies getting an upgrade.
@The Crystal Artist
Maybe she tucks in her ears and they really think she looks weirder with them because it’ll clip.
@Mr.Myoozik
It does confirm the origins in the comics.
@The Crystal Artist
I think you might’ve overdone on the pinkness. But good job nonetheless. Yeah I believe they deliberately left out her ears because of clipping issues.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
Wait a minute…. Misty’s drawn cutie mark is insistently a butterfly, the mane 5 only had a single unicorn, she’s socially awkward because of isolation from the rest of the world, this picture implies that these 4 represent these 4 guardians, Sunny is obviously Twilight’s successor, Posey’s role of getting abused gets passed to Misty where the former represents the past incarnations of Posey, which Fluttershy is part of that also gets frequently abused and is friends with a villain.
Misty is Fluttershy’s successor confirmed.
Posted Report
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Anyone else thinks Misty’s look in 3d doesn’t quite match with the 2d look?
Maybe it’s the roundness of her face, I don’t know.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

I wonder I’d the animators will confirm/explain Jazz’s ears. There kinda feels like a divide between if it’s intentional or not. Would be cool if that got sorted out, it’s fun to joke about her lack of ears but…
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp

@Lord WyrmSpawN
I think that kinda goes with everyone.
Like in TYT Jazz has red hair and consistent ears but in MYM her body (mainly the head) is different shape and she had dark pink hair
Rocky in MYM has just one streak in his mane (and looks better in my opinion)
Pipp’s crown is more thick
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
There’s a few liberties taken with each character, yeah.
3d Sunny’s legs are not as thin her 2d counterpart is, 3d Zipp is not as tall and lanky as her 2d, Pipp not as noticeably shorter and pudgier, Hitch not having such a square jaw, etc.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp

I know how they can turn the error into a reason…
Maybe Jazz’s ears are badly damaged or oddly shaped so she feels insecure about them. Maybe in TYT her ears show because pony ears aren’t as detailed there (and she would look like a glow stick with hair, legs and a face without them) Would be interesting for G5 to have a character a disability like that.
But I guess there are a few parts in the special’s “Everything will be okay” song where she has her ears. Also, in the trailer she has her ears too (but they were removed)
I guess this can be fixed as an accident between the series and the special happened that caused Jazz to lose her ears, or they got badly damaged
Posted Report
Background Pony #486A
Maybe she just doesn’t have ears and lives life as a pony with holes in her head.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Really liked that tyt ep! Also oooh Misty! She looks sooo cute in 2d, im glad they didnt change her manestyle for the 2d show too drastically, it fits well!
Also I’ve been seeing Misty images, and when will the Misty (g5) tag be updated to Misty Brightdawn?
Posted Report
Background Pony #13BA
@The Crystal Artist
Lore aside, why does it only happen to her but nobody else?
Also, I have a feeling it will become an intenionial running gag throughout the series. Or maybe as an inside joke.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@LoreJuniper
It’s technically a false last name. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’ll eventually become her new name if they won’t go into her let alone the other 5’s parentage.
Posted Report
LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
Chapter 2 thoughts
Having watched all of chapter 2, I will say I have enjoyed myself so far with G5. despite a few problems i have with it which i will get into. It’s a fun series with lovable characters, a decent story, good jokes, good animation (Despite having quality inconstancies)
The villain Opaline is alright. At first i thought she was meh, but the last few episodes really made me warm up to her a bit. Misty on the other hand I absolutely adore. She’s definitely going to be a fan favorite if she isn’t already. I won’t lie when i say Opaline harshly scolding her an making Misty cry did get me emotional. By the end of it all, i hope Misty gets the happiest of endings, because she deserves good things.
Really great to see Twilight Sparkle in G5. Even if she was a hologram. My first reaction when i saw her, it caught me by surprise and i was freaking out. Don’t believe me? Ask, Mr. Myoozik. And we actually got a bit of backstory about what happened before the events of G5. Looking like Twilight and Opaline had some bad history which ending costing harmony in Equestria. Give or take if you believe in Sunny’s side, or Misty’s side of the story about what happened, i’m sure all the pieces will fall together in future episodes and we know what really happened. Interested to see how it all plays out. Will we see the rest of the Mane 5? Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie? Maybe..
My favorite episode has to be Portrait of a Princess. I genuinely enjoyed the sisters dynamic together. And also like how the conflict and resolution wasn’t just one sided, but they both took responsibility for their actions. So i really liked that. (Also, can they release a full version of Queen Haven’s song please?) And as a side note really enjoy Zipp’s detective character.
I’m glad that the G5 team added that because i felt early on in G5, she didn’t really have much going for her when it comes to a really solid identity. You have the protective, animal loving, sheriff Hitch, The High energy and silly Izzy, The social media influencer, Pipp. And you have the Adventurous and optimistic, leader of the pack Sunny. But it may be just me but i always felt Zipp was the odd pony out when it comes to identity. Glad they added that to her.
My least favorite would have to be Ali-Conned. Kinda left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth tbh. Really sad that the townsponies of Maretime Bay only appreciate Sunny when she’s an Alicorn. This probably would have been fine if we had a resolution to this. But we didn’t. And i think that’s what hurt the episode the most. Another thing that bothered me (And i know this is pretty minor) is that Opaline pretty much being Sunny’s “inner voice” through the magic mirror, she had the appearance, but not the voice. They couldn’t have Sunny’s VA put on an evil tone of voice for that? It makes Sunny look really clueless and dumb for not noticing. I didn’t like that at all. But yeah, really weak.
As for Sparky. He’s okay… Even though he’s just a baby dragon. But at least he has some relevancy to the story and an actual reason to be there in the series rather than just being another Flurry Heart who contributes nothing. Even though i don’t really care for Sparky shenanigans. Though he is pretty OP with his fire breath turning phones into pizza. XD
Animation ranges from really great visually to feeling inconsistent. Few things i noticed at some points were visually awkward. Characters and environments look downgraded compared to other episodes and scenes. Misty’s mane in one episode was animated and moving really weird. Some stiffness. Though i will admit, Episode 8’s animation was very well done. It was close to the movie as possible. But hopefully in Chapter 3 they would have a more consistent animation
That’s all i have to say for now. In conclusion. This is a good series so far, despite some problems. I’m still looking forward to how things play out in chapter 3.
Background Pony #486A
They released the official album. You can find all the full songs on youtube.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide