MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #C1B1
I really enjoyed this episode. It’s been a while since I’ve watched a short from start to finish without skipping.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@northern haste
They’re not wrong. G5 is definitely much more appealing towards a younger audience while losing a lot of plots or character dynamics that can still hook in older viewers.
G5 still manages to not talk down to it’s target demographic like most kids shows but it still lacks some of the all ages thrills G4 presented.
Background Pony #13BA
Since they’re going to release all 8 episodes at once, how are you guys going to watch them? Will you watch them in one sitting? Or will you watch them at different times?
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
Pipp, please don’t stalk the children
Kids, don’t go with an adult you’ve never met just cause they’re famous on social media
Pipp, I hope you got parents permission before livestreaming some children
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
HEEEELP, CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES!!! There’s a creepy man lady with a rainbow colored beard stalking children!
Episode was nice like usual though something about the children’s voices kinda bothered me.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Sci-fi & Dragons
Somehow, despite everything that is written after the movie, most of G5 still manages to feel like it being a sequel to G4 was a last minute decision.
Anyways, the latest TYT episode is kind of cool (albeit with some questionable moments, specifically about sneaky Pipp). I have my own theories about this episode’s continuity with MYM aside from the obvious, but I don’t want to mention them.
Background Pony #80C2
@Algebroot Neogears
That’s why it is a good thing. It’s its future but not a copy. It is set so far ahead in the future that is kinda like a reboot. Who am I kidding? People still think it is a reboot and they will keep thinking it is one.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Pippsqueaks Forever
The Stranger Danger episode.
It’s never stated but I’m certain that she’s using the magic glitter again. On one hand we know it backfired before. On the other people never learning their lessons is why we realized peppers are delicious once you’re done screaming. What I’m getting at is Pipp should eat the glitter.
I’m disappointed that we still don’t have a gif uploaded of Pipp ruffling through the inventory immediately after the title screen. I don’t know why I latch on to the most obtuse things but I do.
Out of curiosity I checked Zipp’s Yes Day to see if Pipp’s smoothie is the same as her favorite in this episode. No, this episode is strawberry and the other is orange. People who act like the Simpsons Comic Book guy over tiny continuity details and saying episodes are the worst ever go too far in their pettiness. They’d be right on this detail tho.
Sunny is the only other Mane who appears. One of these days I’m going to make a check list of how many times each has appeared because there’s an itch I’ve been having that the royal pegasisters have had the most screentime in TYT, a rather complete reversal of the debut movie.
Also, I need to think of a more convenient way to refer to Zipp and Pipp collectively, since every time I start to type “Royal Sisters” I remind myself that phrase has already been taken by Celestia and Luna.
I used to think people who refresh their browser over and over were too obsessed. But over the last couple months I’ve done it with the odd webcomic or such. Then again I do it around an announced update time and not all day.
“Sunny, you are a genius!” Pipp is okay in my book.
I thought the episode’s plot would be about Pipp having a foam beard but the plot switched back to her wanting to create a new product. Well I lost this game of “spot the plot ahead of the time”.
I’m hopeless and tone deaf when it comes to music. Yet I think the neo-CMC are doing karaoke of the Mane Melody theme?
“Help you!? We don’t even know you!” Those kids are selfish. Pipp stalked them all day and this is her thanks? They won’t get inside her van for free ice-cream just because she’s a stranger?
You know, I just realized Pipp never tried to remove the beard. She rubbed at her face a few times out of surprise but never really pulled on it. Kudos to her for making it work when she went to disguise herself, it vaguely reminds me of Rarity who too is the most overtly girly of the leads yet not too shallow to adopt a “When life gives you lemons” attitude. But she still didn’t even try to remove it when she took off the disguise.
One song and confirmed identity later and now those kids want to get inside Pipp’s van for all the free ice-cream. Those kids are selfish.
Still tone deaf so I don’t know if Pipp has the same VA for her normal voice and her singing voice.
Pipp lost the beard offscreen. Okay, and the kids’ cutie marks glow when doing friendship. So it’s not just a Mane 5 thing.
And the last one’s name is revealed to be Peach Fizz. Well it was fun while it lasted but I think that’s all the recurring background/minor characters names accounted for.
I’ve been saying for a while now that TYT having actual ‘laugh out loud’ jokes are few and far between but having plenty of visual humor to keep the viewer engaged on an at least level of ‘mirthful’. And this episode is a great example of that, with moments like Pipp stroking her beard in contemplation despite hating it like 5 seconds ago, or her using a cardboard cutout of herself to hide behind. Nothing really to laugh about, but enough to keep me saying in amusement “Ah I see what you did there”.
Double kudos on the latter moment by the way, as it did portray enough depth in the flash animation to make it look like Pipp really was behind the cutout. It’d be so easy to just slap her eye vectors on the cutout model and call it a day, but nah they made it look good.
So yeah. Solid episode and leaves me in a good mood for MYM’s release in a few more days.
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

The fact that the pony manes don’t root from the neck is kinda bothersome. Real ponies have their manes root from the neck so don’t see why these ponies can’t. In my mind their manes to root from the neck.
Also, I sure hope these pony have tail docks. Unfortunately the last two times we saw pony skeletons they didn’t have tail docks. Hopefully this will be fixed next time.
Background Pony #C1B1
The voices still sound somewhat off to me. Although I think the animation is a little better than in the short. Hitch’s story sounds the most interesting.
GoodVibesGorgeous
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Grumpy and antisocial
The official MLP YouTube channel released a compilation of clips from MYM.
That was… AWESOME! The best 7 minutes and 59 seconds of my life. Earth Ponies’ magic is surely my favorite one, despite the issues the folks from Maretime Bay are facing! And I never thought I would say it, but it’s nice to see Sprout again. I wonder who’s voicing him: Joshua Graham (as per A Maretime Bay Adventure) or somebody else.
Background Pony #C1B1
Is it weird I feel the voice actors go better with TYT animation than MYM animation?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide