MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
G4: Friendship is magic
G5: Magic is friendship
EDIT: Honestly, I didn’t think things through when I said “Magic is friendship”. When I said that, I meant the only magic is friendship, which is kind of taking things loosely as friendship is the only thing keeping magic active.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I’ll say it again: one of my biggest complaints about G4 was how stagnant things got. So I actually like the magic being unstable since it creates this feeling that we’re not out of the woods yet.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Jeah, I get it. So Sunny is going (at least when it comes to TYT - and I suspect later in the show) all the way of her inner Twilight. Makes sense, in the way she was influenced by the myths and legends about her heroine. And as we all know. Twilight was not (in all parts) a good role model. Nice to see that this inner angst made it into G5 as well.
Why do I say “nice”? Well, unlike what others like to see in their favorite Alicorn or Leader of the pack, I personally have always kind of pitied Twilight for being pressed into the role of leader. Not that I wasn’t (and am) glad that she made it all the way to the top. But as the Mane 6 say, they’re not perfect. They are a work in progress. The end of G4 never gave me the feeling that: hey, it’s all good now and we can do this! But rather: Yes, we have maintained the status quo. But the problems, especially within the Pony community are actually the same as (sorry, this is where it gets a little “meta”) those of our human society.
Yes, society and/or MLP fandom has come miles and evolved. Especially if you look at the last 10 years. But we are still far from perfect. Better said: Some things have even gotten worse. So are the ponies. Feel free to laugh at me for that, but hey. I am very far from dropping MLP. I see it more as: we’re going to the next level/generation. And if I have my way, MLP will be with us for decades to come. But that, with all due respect, is just my personal opinion. I accept everyone who has a different point of view ;-)
What I’m saying is that as long as we don’t evolve and learn, MLP (in this case G5) will reflect what we don’t like and would like to be different, but which are still our problems as well. Like trusting our leaders or how shitty it is to have to be a leader out of a sense of duty and because we don’t want to learn to work all together as a team. And actually developing our differences into a strength than constantly harping on how different we actually are.
Small note: There is a unicorn, a pegasus and a born earth pony in this picture. Think about it ;-)
Edit: I could add a few more much darker thoughts here. But I’ll leave that alone. Not because I wouldn’t like to discuss the fact that G5 is already much further along than some of us would admit, but because I don’t want to break any hearts here either. I’ll keep the RL shit to myself and instead amuse myself with how MLP G5 is already bringing to light things that we, as Pony Lovers, are actually way too stupid to do in our entirety. Not because we really are too stupid. But because we are still confronted with the same fears and the same problems, which seem to be repeated since a felt eternity. But hey. Always we have a pony filter and hope for better. Maybe. So to say. Probably not. But I refuse to let gloom get the upper hand. ;-D
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Mr.Myoozik
I had to find something to imply some trashy project or collect Izzy would partake in. “Dumpster sculpture” is kind of awkward but I wanted to get this meme done with.
That being said, I wish I put something more natural sounding.
But if we go with this interpretation for the moment, Izzy does seem obsessed with garbage. So this dumpster sculpture could be a symbol of her passion. Maybe she would carve out a replica of Posey’s painting because what could be more garbage than Posey’s art?
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

It’s a pity about the change of the voice actors, but I can understand it for budget reasons. A New Generation looks relatively expensive.
Shimmering Spectacle
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

sTs trinity
@Ring Team
funny enough Phil Lamarr had obviously did VAs in futurama, which of course was a series too, so if the g5 series is on the same budget limit as futurama, then surely Phil would’ve stayed on the g5 project without issue there.
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
@Wiimeiser
What the hell kind of law is this? Unless it’s someone really wealthy or supported by someone/something else, I don’t see how a person can live four years without working.
@Shimmering Spectacle
My Little Pony stuff have been recorded in Canada since the early 90’s, I don’t think Hasbro would ever change that for anything (not even a bigger budget).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide