MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #E026
What if Hitch acts like a dad to the rest of the Mane Five?
He becomes like a single dad trying to keep his out of control kids in line.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
I watched the most recent TYT episode. I like Zoom’s new voice! And I apparently was right about the credits for Zipp’s Flight School getting her and Thunder’s names mixed up.
Background Pony #6AEC
@Ring Team
“the four EG films, the EG show, the EG shorts[…] were made with money in mind”
Yes, absolutely. That and scorn for the target audience that they’ll buy everyting as long as MLP is tacked on it quite poorly. So does the real G4 of course but at least Faust had something else in mind while devising the show. The dreadful spinoff only raison d’etre is being a shitty,uglier version of both Monster High and My Little Pony itself (on top of being off-topic as fuck)
Background Pony #6AEC
@Background Pony #0F3D
Oh thanks god, i’m reassured. I just came here because i thought they fucked everything up. I really have to stop coming here,10 years of stress with G4 was enough for me, it’s a shame that a cartoon about ponies is making me feel this bad and stressed because Hasbro cant give two rat ass about anything despite HIRING Faust, someone outside of their toy industry to fix the shithole they turn their franchise into in the late 2000s
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Background Pony #6AEC
While I still think Lauren Faust did a very good job at incentivizing many people to watch ponies regardless of the source material, I’m not one of those fanboys who said “she made everything”. After all, animated TV shows are collaborations. They have animators, writers, character designers, producers, background artists, voice actors, voice actresses, etc.
I think Friendship is Magic was a product of circumstances. The first writers didn’t expect the show to last for 9 years, and the approach of some questionable episodes shows that.
Ring Team
Artist -

@GoodVibesGorgeous
Equestria Girls was okay. I remember I used to despise Rainbow Rocks because, as a movie made to calm down the wait for season 5, it was very disappointing. Also, it didn’t help that, at the time, there were only two films and all of them were about Equestria Girls.
But that was 2014. Back then I wasn’t patient. Now it’s 2022. Since I already got the 2017 MLP film, I rewatched Rainbow Rocks last summer. While I still don’t like it because of some problems it has with the script, the jokes and pacing, I ended up appreciating for what it is. If it wasn’t for it, we wouldn’t have got Legend of Everfree.
I’m not a fan of Rainbow Rocks, but I’m glad that it has fans.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Background Pony #13BA
Yup, that’s another one.
While a part of me wanted the show to end at season 3 or even 4, another part of me appreciates the existence of some of my favourite episodes of the second half of the show.
If it ended in season 3, I wouldn’t have got Inspiration Manifestation and Rarity Takes Manehattan.
It if ended in season 3, I wouldn’t have got Bloom & Gloom and Crusaders of the Lost Mark.
If it ended in season 3, I wouldn’t have got On your marks.
If it ended in season 3, I wouldn’t have got Campfire Tales, The last laugh and The last problem. In fact, thanks to that last episode, the problems I have with the show are much less corrosive. While the show has some of the most absurd, incoherent and self-destructive creative decisions I’ve seen in any TV show, I’m glad that Friendship is Magic ended on a high note.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Mikey
I wouldn’t say necessarily the best one, but it’s one of my 3 favourite episodes in season 5. The only problem to me was the character design of Moondancer. She’s just Twilight with a different color palette done by a bucket tool and called it a day.
But it’s still a great episode.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@Ring Team
It’s honestly my favorite episode of the whole show.
Also I think that was the point, she was designed that way intentionally.
TheFinite
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Shiny Bug
We also wouldn’t have Flight to the Finish, Pinkie Pride, Maud Pie, Rarity Investigates, Crusaders of the Lost Mark, Gauntlet of Fire, The Perfect Pear, and The Big Mac Question. There are plenty of really good episodes past season 3.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide