MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Fanstar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Fan-0f-Everything
Just watched the new episode, I quite enjoyed it, definitely one of those episodes where I wish it was longer.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Well, I already said it in the Sunny Starscout thread and like to repeat this here. Call me light-hearted and far too uncritical. But I love Sunny. Much! (Second to Izzy & Hitch - But I also adore Pipp & Zipp) And I already love her path to becoming an Alicorn Princess. Although I’m a G4 hardcore fan, I want to know more about how Alicorns are made. Even if Alicorn Issues A.) doesn’t really work well with the previous “lore” and B.) and the whole thing sheds a whole new light on Alicorns at all.
But I really like G5 so far. It’s not perfect. Neither was G4. Still I love the way MLP is playing with expectations at the moment and what it is actually implementing. I just wonder what all the glitter is all about. And when Sunny dissolves a tidal wave into thin air… Is this their way of doing a Thanos finger snap? Holy f**k! Celestia and Luna COULD have done something. COUGH! ;-D
What I would like to write about here: I can understand if people are annoyed by the fact that a kind of bridge is built up here on a certain (cough) “meta-level”, which in its own way raises more questions than it actually clarifies. But to that I say: For kids! Nevertheless, I like the way they are introducing things to this new yet familiar scenario. Certainly, there are better methods. But to implement this in a show, well, that would probably require the budget and certain things, as we never saw realized in G4. Therefore, I take myself very far back in my own expectations. Still, it’s entertaining and you see, the universe is still important. But what the hell did they mean by “no dragons have been seen for generations?”
I mean… How far in the future are we here, please? And I like the fussiness of saying that ponies have a strange way of just picking up and raising foreign dragon eggs. Eventually, this will lead to a big dragon ponies war. Ha ha… Nah, just kiddin’. ;-)
Background Pony #0C65
I guess G4 claimed that black-and-purple magic was alicorn magic. G5 claims glitter is alicorn magic. xD
Have seen the episode, and this only underlined the fact that Sunny is inhibited by her emotions when she uses her alicorn powers, and thus must have discipline and her emotions in order. She simply transforms water into glitter without thinking, simply by using her emotions and thus unconsciously basing her magical choices on her impressions of others like Izzy and her glitter mania. She needs spell training. Maybe she could not use full force as long as she did not have discipline - and knowledge. Knowledge is the key.
It’s nothing more than unicorn magic on a slightly larger scale - her strength means that Sunny can over-triumph the limits in manipulative ability, which the other unicorns will discover. From the G4 we know that unicorns manipulate material such as transforming an apple into an orange and back, but it depends on knowledge and magical capacity. Few unicorns could transform material or teleport others as themselves, as it required not only strength but also mental discipline and knowledge that required great caution. Sunny as alicorn can easily skip all this.
Sunny does not have a chance if the mysterious alicorn were to attack her in the alicorn verse alicorn battle. She’s more on the same level as the filly Flurry Heart. She does not have the necessary discipline or knowledge, only her feelings and instincts. But we do not know why the Unity Crystals and Sunny seem to be connected, and whether the hypothesis from the IDW comics can survive into TYT / MYM - that the Mane 6 “monitor” the Mane 5 should be true - is it possible that Sunny can learn from the Unity Crystals. Who had chosen her.
All Sunny has is her instincts and raw strength. Is it enough?
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sunny does not have a chance if the mysterious alicorn were to attack her in the alicorn verse alicorn battle. She’s more on the same level as the filly Flurry Heart. She does not have the necessary discipline or knowledge, only her feelings and instincts. But we do not know why the Unity Crystals and Sunny seem to be connected, and whether the hypothesis from the IDW comics can survive into TYT / MYM - that the Mane 6 “monitor” the Mane 5 should be true - is it possible that Sunny can learn from the Unity Crystals. Who had chosen her.
All Sunny has is her instincts and raw strength. Is it enough?
The G4 ponies got out of tougher scrapes via the Power of Friendship, so… probably.
Plus there’s that unnamed unicorn shown alongside Twilight’s evil twin, who looks like she reeeeealy doesn’t want to be there. I’m guessing she’ll switch sides, serve as Element of Harmony #6, and then it’s rainbow lasers for the win.
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
Gotta be honest, the Make Your Mark special was really bland. The only positives i could say is that they expanded more on Zipp Storm’s character and Posey Bloom is what Neighsay should have been.
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
@Background Pony #35C2
If i judge it depending on the overall quality of the episode, then i do not predict a bright future for it.
I prefer the New Generation film over this and that is not even perfect either.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #35C2
She had what, ten seconds of screen time? Can’t really draw any intelligent conclusions from that. Her introduction did feel like that of a generic Saturday morning cartoon villain, but then again that may just be a result of having no real time to flesh out her character.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide