MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Background Pony #201C
Rigging is essential for a 3D model because it’s basically the skeleton of the character. A great rig is not easy to program (when I studied 3D production, it was the hardest thing of the subject by a very long shot), but it can be helpful to create exaggerated and appealing poses, especially when the character was modelled for that purpose. And when you combine it with great appealing haircuts with specific quirks, the audience might be attracted to that character.
@GoodVibesGorgeous
To me, it was the haircut. Very teenager.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Background Pony #201C
If the characters are the same models, then yes. In the case of Make your Mark. I’m assuming they would have like five different models for male ponies and other five models for the female ones just to avoid technical issues such as clipping or one part of a rig too sensitive for the 3D model. You can’t pick a rig and then give it to another model that has different proportions.
In other words, it would be like giving a Ganondorf rig to a Pikachu model in Super Smash Bros Brawl.
You can see why I think they probably have made 5 male models and 5 other female models with their respective rigs.
Background Pony #201C
@Ring Team
It sounds like if you gave a pony a gryphon rig it would at least be identifiable, lol. The good thing though is it sounds like it shouldn’t be too difficult to have good identifiable characters in the background. One thing I liked about G4 was as the show went on it seemed to have more personality there, which will help with people finding new characters to like.
Megalobronia
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Nintendo Nerd
Who are the two characters who weren’t questioned?
Knowing Ring Team, one of the characters he’s referring to is Starlight Glimmer (not sure who else he’s referring to, and I’m not sure I want to find out). However I know some people will disagree with that.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I need to rewatch this special. I’ve only seen it once as a blind reaction and I want to be even more fair to it and try to catch any details that I’ve missed
Background Pony #2FAC
The main series: I think around 23 episodes, 8 per season maybe?
The shorts: Somewhere around 70-ish I think?
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Will Sparky be at Spike’s age in the future?
Spike must have been close to 10 years old when “Friendship is Magic” kicked off, so G5 would have to go on for quite some time for that to happen on-camera.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide