MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Phoenixflambe
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
@Background Pony #90EA
Also, Hasbro wanted the game out fast. You can’t make games that fast anymore, which Nintendo, Acclaim, Krome, and whoever made the 6th-gen Spyro games ended up learning the hard way. Also, MLP ostensibly has a younger target audience than Spongebob, being constantly subjected to the new COPPA rules regardless of context (my sister thinks even a video of Project Horizons Chapter 33 should be “for kids”) while AFAIK Spongebob isn’t.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
Also, Hasbro wanted the game out fast.
That is a huge issue. Hasbro not taking their time and rushing things is not good for this gen at all. I mean the proof is in the pudding. The movie I think had to be rushed, the game, and obviously the special was rushed. One of the main issues Hasbro had when dealing with gen 4 was that they were late on everything, now they’re doing the exact opposite.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
G4 tardiness
-Spike getting wings
-CMC getting Cutie Marks
-Grogar’s late but it was never him
-CMC regressing to immaturity in Growing Up Is Hard To Do
-The Pillars, especially Starswirl
-The End
G5 too early
-Sunny being an alicorn
-Earth pony magic becoming explicit
-Sparky
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Phoenixflambe
Not just that. I’m talking more about how Hasbro is handling gen 5. Like with the movie, gen 4’s movie imo came out when the hype for gen 4 was already dying down. Gen 5 has that and more.The actual meat and potatoes, the series, isn’t even out yet. I feel like they should just take their time and not be too ambitious, at least not yet. This would give the team actually doing the work (writing and animations) more time so that they can give us some quality content.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I always did feel like G5 was rushed. The beginning of the A New Generation really made it seem like it would be the beginning of an epic adventure.
But I kind of felt dissapointed by the later part. I almost wish A New Generation was like a 3 part special.
And personally I feel like having Tell Your Tale be so prominent, while it was good, I kind of wish we already had 22 minute episodes since I could imagine even greater stories coming from them.
Part of me admires the ambition of the marketing team. But just like Sonic 06 it can be feel a bit rushed.
Background Pony #E0DA
Alright, now that we’re a ways into Tell Your Tale, and the Make Your Mark special and the G5 video game have come out, what do you think of the voice acting in G5? Do you wish Hasbro kept the VAs from A New Generation?
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

G5 too early
-Sunny being an alicorn
-Sparky
How do we know they’re “too early”, though? If they’re going to be important plot elements, then it makes sense to set them up early. Keep in mind that the movie was already eight months ago.
I think TYT is the key ingredient that G4 was missing: downtime. A New Generation sets up that something big went down in the past, and then ends with a massive change. TYT gives the setting a chance to breathe, and lets the characters just exist in this transitional period while they process the changes. Then we get a special that introduces some more important elements. Then we’ll get some more downtime to process those changes. Then, when the show proper starts, the audience will already know all the important setting and character details, so it can just hit the ground running instead of having to devote time to explaining things.
Background Pony #90D1
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
G4 tardiness
-Spike getting wings
-CMC getting Cutie Marks
-Grogar’s late but it was never him
-CMC regressing to immaturity in Growing Up Is Hard To Do
-The Pillars, especially Starswirl
-The End
G5 too early
-Sunny being an alicorn
-Sparky
But earth pony magic was foreshadowed in the post credits scene in ANG.
I don’t think Sunny counts as an alicorn. She is an earth pony who has alicorn magic.
hironakamura
Artist -

what do you think of the voice acting in G5?
Its bad. This was the one that I noticed the most. Its not the acting. Its the direction in which the characters speak. Compared to FiM and even the ANG movie, the characters talked naturally. In TyT and in the MyM special, I cringe because it feels like a “how do you do, fellow kids” moment whenever someone talks. I won’t even blame the voice casting director with it. They’re probably just doing what they’re told to so.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
I’d second this as well, as it helps explain why it doesn’t quite work in MYM. If you look at the voice cast for the movie and then the performances we got, the voice director did an excellent job since the VAs really sell you on the characters, setting, and story. In MYM it feels like we’re getting the rehearsals rather than what’s meant to be aired.
I’m hoping it’ll get better down the road.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide