MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #65C9
  1. But, you’d get the question of having them fly to Canada, since that’s where the cast will be based.
  2. I think they wanted new blood to fit with the new generation.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
If the plan from the start was to spin off a series from the G5 movie, why didn’t they cast people who could be in both from the start?
It’s not like the VA’s for the movie were big stars. The movie didn’t attract an audience because of the cast, it was because it was MLP.
Background Pony #EB00
Why did Hasbro use big-name actors/actresses in the G5 movie if they weren’t going to come back for the series? I don’t understand Hasbro’s strategy here.
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@Background Pony #EB00
It’s not entirely unprecedented - they used big name Hollywood talent to voice all the main characters for the 1986 Transformers: The Movie, and then went back to their regular pool of VA’s for Season 3.
Of course, given what a financial and critical disappointment the 86 movie was and how Season 3 saw a large drop off in interest in the brand, you’d think Hasbro would’ve taken some of those old lessons to heart.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
Kimiko Glenn isn’t Canadian, she’s from Arizona, but it’s still surprising not seeing her comeback since she’s more well known for being in to voice acting. Liza Koshy is also a surprise to me because she’s a YouTuber who had one show that not a lot people heard of – which also starred Kimiko as well.
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@hironakamura
It’s disappointing for sure, but try not to let it get you down too much. Focus on the positives. NewGen probably won’t live up to everything we want it to be… I’m expecting there will be a few more letdowns along the way but overall I’m still optimistic that it will be a satisfying experience and I’m sure the new VA’s will do fine.
It would be nice if we could pay tribute to Kimiko somehow for a splendid performance. Izzy turned out great.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
They’re supposed to be voice impersonators so who knows, maybe they’re good at sounding like the original voice actresses and actor from the movie. Plus, why is Hasbro making a YouTube shorts show anyway? We already have the movie, then we’re getting a special, then the show. That seems like a lot already. The meat and potatoes are the show, so shouldn’t they wait till that comes out to start doing that stuff. YouTube shorts sounds more like a end game thing, than a starting out thing to me.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
Yeah, the other show did that as it was rounding up, branching out, as if trying to eke out a little more juice.
This looks not like putting your eggs in one basket, but putting all the eggs from one chicken in their own baskets.
Which might keep them safe, but you could probably do it more efficiently.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide