MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #F568
My Little Pony: Make Your Mark will launch on Netflix on May 26 with a bonus 44-minute animated special teasing the “mane” series, to debut in September. Created with a dazzling 3D CG animation style evocative of the recent film, the special and series (8 x 22′) will follow the Mane 5 on a journey of self-discovery told through action-packed, hilarious, and heartfelt stories. My Little Pony: Make Your Mark was developed for television by Gillian Berrow, is produced by Atomic Cartoons, with Cort Lane serving as executive producer and William Lau as supervising director.”
So 8 episodes.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
An interesting move to give us 44 minutes specials before the main series.
It’s quite an appetizer.
I can’t wait!
And for the 2d comedic shorts, it reminds me of those shorts G4 had for Seasons 8 and 9. But this is a whole different style. I wonder if it will be like Pony Life orthose aformentioned shorts.
Background Pony #F568
So we got
Sunny: Jenna Warren
Izzy: Ana Sani
Pipp: AJ Bridel
Zipp: Maitreyi Ramakrishnan
Hitch: JJ Gerber
Background Pony #65C9
@GoodVibesGorgeous
She did:
Mary, Buma and others on Mix Master
Kirstee and Prudence on Bratz
Plum Pudding on Strawberry Shortcake’s Berry Bitty Adventures
Allura on Voltron Force
And so on
Background Pony #EB00
With all the news that came out today, I feel confident in saying that G5 will be bad. Hasbro is a multi-billion dollar company. They could have easily afforded to keep the movie VAs for the specials and series.
And Hasbro didn’t even choose veteran VAs for the Mane Five. Hitch’s new VA has a whopping TWO credits on his IMDB page, and one of those roles was Bibleman.
I just don’t think G5 is going to be good.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@Background Pony #EB00
I saw somewhere that Canadian laws prevents non-Canadians from having roles in produtions made there (I assume guest roles are exempt from said law), so of course the movie cast wouldn’t be able to return. And MLP has been recorded in Canada since the early 90’s, I don’t think Hasbro is moving anywhere anytime soon.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Only slightly.
The leaked documents from years back explained that the success or failure of the movie would determine whether G4 was worth continuing. Well the movie did turn a sizable profit, but enough in Hasbro’s eyes. So S9 was thus made the last season.
So yeah, if the movie’s budget wasn’t as bloated by paying for so many celebrity guest appearances (Sia’s being the most inconsequential) we might very well be in the middle of S12 or something right now.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide