MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

hironakamura
Artist -

@Background Pony #6FC9
I saw this days ago. Its kind of hard to tell what the movie was trying aiming for back then. Reminds me of that episode of Johny Bravo where he’s protesting with this picket sign that says “I like pie.” What’s worse is they’re using Argyle, a parent figure, for this scene. Kind of hard to empathize for them.
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
Idea: Zipp sometimes appears in Pipp’s livestream. Then Pipp asks Zipp to be more in her livestreams because her fans wanna see more of her. And Zipp would be like “wait, i have fans?”
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Hali the Emoji girl
-Desaturated art direction in a time where many productions had also desaturated colors.
-Excessive use of slow-motion.
-Even without the slot-motion, the action tends to be slow and it should be exciting.
-The story isn’t very memorable. I saw the film 9 years ago and I barely remember it.
But at least it’s not Man of Steel.
@Phoenixflambe
Some Marvel films and DC films are fine, but the discourse surround them were sooo tiring to me. Clickbait videos, conversations where people talk more about the powers than the personality of the character, how the fanboys take any criticism as “SJW” excuse or whatever… What a fucking nightmare that was. It’s so focused on an antagonistic attitude or what people might think on the internet on a global scale, sooo far from the pure romantic purpose of chatting with someone, having fun or entertaning other people.
This is why I’m not in the Star Wars threads or Marvel threads.
At least it’s not as bad as anime.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Ring Team
Not sure about that, I see more people talk about the characters and the story more than compare power levels. Examples are No Way Home and Zack Snyder’s Justice League which the latter is considered a huge improvement over 2017 Justice League. Criticisms include, Steppenwolf stealing Darkseid’s spotlight, Superman talking as though he were evil than confused at his resurrection, Batman’s willpower nerfed to be smacked by Supe’s hand then take his searing heat vision like a champ, the awkward interaction between Wonder Woman and Aquaman, Cyborg’s lack of origin with no context, Barry acting like Tom Holland’s Peter Parker and the list goes on.
Safe to say a lot people didn’t like Joss’ version.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

@Phoenixflambe
I haven’t watched the Zack Snyder version because I don’t wanna spend 4 hours watching guys in pajamas punching other guys in pajamas, but I agree that the 2017 theatrical version directed by Joss Whedon is so boring. I’m glad I haven’t watched it in theaters.
But at least Wonder Woman was a great film. So does Shazam and Joker (even though I don’t think it’s a masterpiece, it reminded me a lot of Taxi Driver and Elfen Lied).
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
This scene makes me think. Is this really the Canterlot Mountains? What is the condition of old G4 locations? Will the show still remember things like the Crystal Treehouse, which was said to be a safe place for generations to come? Questions upon questions that probably won’t be answered right away, even at the start of the series. If ever. ;-)
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
That’s right. And for teaser reasons, this may well have its relevance. For example, to wonder how much time has actually passed. But I would really be more than pissed if the show would make it too easy as: Click, Frame, Delete.
I know, I know. It’s a show about pastel colored ponies. But if the Griffins, Yaks, Hippogriffs, Changedlings, etc. are missing all at once, I immediately go into an inner rage mode. ;-)
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Wouldn’t it be funny if other non-pony races like the Dragons or Diamond Dogs were the ones who kept the true teachings of Friendship while the ponies, the first to understand these ways, were the ones who lost them?
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Ring Team
Agreed.
Even the ponies in Season 1 were quite flawed in their understanding of friendship and harmony.
So if dragons were the new guardians of friendship they’d probably mess up in some way too.
No creature is perfect after all.
But all creatures have the ability to improve themselves.
Ring Team
Artist -

I absolutely agree. I don’t mind typical villains or heroes, but it’s really hard to make them interesting. Now, if a writer creates flawed yet decent characters with clear and understandable motivations, you’re gonna be fine.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
I honestly don’t think writing an villain should be hard. Especially since Sunny is the way that she is, she’s willing to break the rules to do what’s right…to her. All the writers have to do is make the villain or whatever play on that and use that against her. And for motivation, it would be a crime for Sunny to represent Hope and not have her antagonist represent pessimism. Plus, the backstory would be easy to write for the antagonist as well.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
IDW is doing a G5 comic series. One detail I noticed:
Written by Celeste Bronfman and illustrated by Amy Mebberson, My Little Pony features Sunny Starscout, Izzy Moonbow, Zipp Storm, Pipp Petals, Hitch Trailblazer, aka the Mane 5, as well as their sidekick Cloudpuff “as they explore a brand-new Equestria following the magical events of the hit movie! With magic returned to Equestria, the ponies are more united than ever—at least until one of the Unity Crystals is stolen! Can the Mane 5 find the culprit before magic is gone for good? And could it really be that their pet Pomeranian is leading them to the city of Canterlot of Friendship Is Magic fame?”
Cloudpuff is the new Spike.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Dustcan
Tv Tropes got one right. It was Cloudpuff. Not some new Spike, not some person like Spike and not Sprout. Now who’s willing to bet it’s Sprout who stole that crystal? And by extension broke it since it clearly merged?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide