MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@Ring Team
Thinking about it from a purely creative standpoint, Sombra’s character actually does fit the mold of the type of super-villain I am imagining for the series.
Basically, Sunny represents hope. Sombra represents despair. What if G5 involves a long arc with a linear plot. (That would be something relatively new and different for MLP.) Sunny & Company go on a quest to re-unite Equestria and gradually chip away at the hopelessness, pessimism and mistrust permeated by a dark force that has plagued the land for generations. This culminating in a massive coalition brought together to bring down said dark force.
Although yeah, hard to put much stock in a description on a backcard. This is just to say that, for now, I’m looking at Sombra as a placeholder and little more.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Phoenixflambe
I’m not saying this. I’m saying that I find some intense criticisms about G5 pretty silly, especially when the same objections can be found in other pieces of MLP:FiM that the complainer enjoys without question.
Obviously there’s valid criticism, but we’re talking about an information that we know without context and we found in a toy from a pony generation that we know very little apart from the film A new generation and some comics for little kids.
Remember the Twilight alicorn leaks? People were mad at first. Does that make Magical Mistery Cure a bad episode? Not at all, especially many years after it came out, when we finally understood why Twilight became an alicorn. I think we’re gonna see something similar to Sombra, whoever he is. We shouldn’t jump to conclusions with a text that came from a toy for little girls.
If I have to guess, it’s related to the upcoming special we’re gonna get in… march or may? I forgot.
@Pinto Bean
I might actually prefer that, although I’m open-minded to some surprises.
But man, MLP leaks are still a tradition. xD
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Am I the only one who isn’t bothered by Sombra’s supposed return? I’m just eager to see what they’ll do to him here, connections to G4 be damned. Also, it’s not like bringing back doesn’t mean that they’re not gonna come up with new villains later on.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Myoozik
im 90% sure that Sombra won;t return since it just seem like the toy description is a result of someone doing a lazy copy and paste job, but if he is coming back, i have mixed feelings about it.
mainly becuase like i mentioned before, i’d rather the g4 characters stay dead and only appear if it was like flashbacks or something. It’d feel like more like they;d be relying too much on G4 to bing people in rather then be it;s own thing, if that makes sense.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
If any G4 character was responsible for the starter setup in G5, it was probably Cozy Glow. Think about why for a minute.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@ichiban iceychan 1517
Yeah, bringing back one villain and mentioning the Mane 6 doesn’t mean that they’re gonna be entirely relying on G4, there’s still an entire generation’s worth of new material that they’ll do in the upcoming years.
Also, that was why I said “Supposedly” cause I don’t know if the rumors are true or not. If they bring him back well I made my point there and if not, then that’s fine by me.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Myoozik
im 90% sure that Sombra won;t return since it just seem like the toy description is a result of someone doing a lazy copy and paste job, but if he is coming back, i have mixed feelings about it.
As I recall, the toy also referred to Sunny as “the main character of the last generation of My Little Pony”, when it should have been the current generation. So, not a particularly reliable source.
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -

refried sans lard
@Myoozik
Bottom line is the vast majority of G5 enthusiasts were or are looking for a fresh start. What we got was something new, yet still clinging to its predecessor like it’s afraid to let go. I love FiM, but I feel like everything that could be done with it has been done, and it’s high time to turn the page. MLP > FiM.
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -

refried sans lard
@Myoozik
That’s fine. I’m not expecting this series to be perfect. A few chunks of coal amongst a pile of diamonds ain’t gonna bother me much. Sombra or not, I’m still super excited for what’s next.
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Myoozik
I think the key here isn’t “what”, it’s “how”. How this is gonna be delivered. In terms of narrative, the writers need to pull off crucial details like visual storytelling, introduction, character development, motivations, conflicts, etc.
Let’s see.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
Like they say “There’s no such thing as a bad idea. Only poorly executed awesome ones”.The idea of Sombra or someone like Sombra in g5 could be interesting, however I’m going to be a bit pessimistic and say I don’t see the writers doing a good job with executing that. If they want to bring someone back from the past choose a character from the previous gens who haven’t been revamped in g4, like Catrina or King Charlatan.
Background Pony #3B69
Vanessa Hudgens did a great job in the G5 movie, considering it was her first time doing voice acting.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide