MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@cheezedoodle
First off, welcome back, haven’t seen you since before the pandemic hit. Second, that’s a lot of effort for a map for a fictional series. I don’t know whether to be impressed or think that you have a lot of time on your hands.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Trixie will be in G5 somehow I just know it.
She’s too great and powerful to not somehow make some sort of appearance in it.
Don’t take this too seriously. I’m kind of joking
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Now that we have an announcement of new material for G5 coming up, soon I want to rewatch the movie again to because I’ve only seen it once (as a blind reaction with my friend) and this time I really want to pick up on the nitty gritty details like what everyone else here has been talking about and see if it still holds up like from my first viewing.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I’d like to rewatch the film too. The problem is that the pop music sounds very generic. If I have to watch the movie again, I’m gonna need much more motivation.
Background Pony #5BF1
The reason why the tree doesn’t have crystals anymore is because the movie director didn’t want people to get confused with the other crystals.
Background Pony #7189
Pretty sure the map wasn’t even canon to G4. At the least various traveling episodes don’t make much sense based on the geography.
The G4 map is no longer canon in the G5, because even if all localities from the G4 were to exist in the G5 - the political, cultural and economic conditions will be very different. The license plate on “Sprouticus Maximus” shows that “Equestria” may have been replaced by “Pony Nation” (PN), divided into twelve states that have a loose connection to each other. The word “Equestria” probably survives as a term for the continent or the homeland of ponies. The G5 movie was originally supposed to show something completely new detached from the G4, but after the decision to use the G4 lore as a sequel, the G4 map is used to show where Maretime Bay and Zephyr Heights are located.
In the movie it is clear that there were mountains and deep valleys with easily accessible roads from Maretime Bay, and the actual road that Sunny used went between the towns of Baltimare in the south and Philadelphia in the north where wooded hills and high mountains can be seen on the G4 map . Maretime Bay probably lies at the far end of a peninsula towards Horsehoe Bay, there are many mountainous peninsulas in Europe. As soon as Sunny and Izzy arrived at the nameless mountains in the evening, it should be possible to see the mountain plateau with Zephyr Heights - the mountain top on which the pegasi royal castle is built, can be “Mount Canterlot”. They probably crossed a river before reaching Rambling Rock Ridge which may be where they met Zippy.
On the way to Bridlewood, which according to leaks from the work on the movie is located in a mountainous area, they came to where the ruins appear on the G4 map, crossed the river with the broken bridge and further up on the Macintosh Hills. In both the TV series and IDW comics, it was clear that these mountains were too close to Ponyville from the south so there was no room for the cities of Appleloosa and Dodge City, which showed signs of being far to the west. The G4 map was created for children very early in the G4.
Logically, this is not bad; it is the distances that are the problem; like the G4 movie, there is far too little travel time over long distances as if Sunny and Izzy were super fast luxury cars. Although an equestrian pony can have much higher endurance than horses in our world and can run faster, there are limits to them. If three days a way was the rule, it would have been credible. And the first draft of the G5 movie took this into account, as Sunny and her friends would have used a balloon to get to Maretime Bay. This was wasted when work on the movie was completed.
On the self-made map in the G5 movie, we know of a farm with a windmill and the apple symbol south of Bridlewood, this is possibly a relocation of Appleloosa that may have become the Apple clan’s home in the G5. Then it meant that Appleloosa is located where Dodge City on the G4 map is located. A major problem with the Hasbro map is that it is far too small and very poorly detailed, which is contradicted time and time again despite all the attempts of the workers behind the TV series and comics.
A new and more realistic map is thus needed, for both G4 and G5. As Hasbro threw out IDW, where they had plans to expand the Ponyverse, it is very uncertain whether there will be anything concrete on this. Then the fans have to help, but I do not have high expectations, simply because it meant that the Hasbro map must be rejected. And since all indications are that Twilight Sparkle may have established contact with other realms on three continents in the Equus, this means that the G5 map may cover the entire world - but then we have to wait a long time. The movie only shows us a very small part, a lot has to be filled out before the start of the TV series this autumn.
I think everyone is hoping for a TV episode about a trip to the Farasi in S2 or S3, where Sunny and her friends will meet the zebras. S1 will probably only be about Equestria / Pony Nation.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Background Pony #5BF1
It bothers me that the only physical landmark left from FIM was one of its least significant. The original Tree of Harmony was kind of a big deal, but I can’t say the same about its replacement that was basically just the student six’s treehouse that played a very minor role in the series. Plus, it was altered to be practically unrecognizable, which doesn’t make for a good callback.
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
@Litrojia
Exactly. I really do not understand how the creators expected us to recognize it. Literally the only reason we know that because they made a twitter post about it. If u wanna make a good callback then make it actually recognizable, do not expect your audience to dig up old internet posts in order to understand it.
Background Pony #3B69
Zipp and Alphabittle playing chess. (Because Zipp is supposed to be pretty smart, and Alphabittle is really good at games).
Who will win?
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@hironakamura
Makes sense. Pipp is a pretty unsympathetic character, and in the same way Sprout is a foil to Sunny, Pipp makes an effective foil for Zipp.
@Background Pony #3B69
That’s not really how Chess works. The only thing that matters is what’s on the board, and how well each player understands it.
Background Pony #5BF1
@Dex Stewart
For a book for little kids they went with some mature themes. Even Izzy realized that she was doing things that only she likes but Sunny didn’t mind because she loves spending time with her friend. You don’t see that very often.
Background Pony #5BF1
The movie director didn’t want to put old locations and by that he meant G4 locations. He wanted them to be in the past. You can even see some old locations in that old station in Zephyr Heights.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Hitch: Lawful Good
Izzy: Neutral Good
Sunny: Chaotic Good
Zipp: Chaotic Neutral
Pipp: True Neutral
Queen Haven: Lawful Neutral
Phyllis: Lawful Evil
Sprout: Chaotic Evil
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide