MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #B75D
What would the Mane 5 do if they encountered the mirror pool? Imagine a bunch of Izzy’s causing chaos everywhere
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Background Pony #3B69
I would be fine with one of the two ideas. The only thing I don’t want from this approach is a very conflicting character with situations where the story being told in dialogue conflicts with the story being told during actions.
Actions define a character.
Background Pony #3B69
What if instead of reforming villains like G4, G5 has the ponies defeating or outright killing the villains?
It could show the difference in ideologies between Twilight and Sunny. Twilight thinks villains can be redeemed, while Sunny thinks evil must be vanquished by any means necessary.
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
I have a headcanon that Sunny Starscout got bullied for her beliefs in her foalhood. While Hitch Trailblazer protected her because he believes it is wrong to attack a defenseless person regardless of their beliefs.
@Background Pony #3B69
That sounds really stupid.
TOMNICE
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Yeah, i think that is how their friendship started. After protecting her for the first time, Sunny invites him to her home to ask Argyle Starshine to take care of Hitch’s wounds he got in the fight. Then Sunny tells stories about the mane six and asks Hitch to play with her.
Then Hitch starts to visit her everyday, Sprout propably gets jealous of Sunny for spending more time with Hitch (Hitch and Sprout are already friends). Hitch does not want Sprout to feel left out so he asks him to come with him too.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

When you get right down to it, Hitch is an amazing friend.
Hitch says “I’m the only real friend you’ve got left in this town.” This is a double whammy; it means that Hitch has stayed friends with Sunny despite the growing conflict of interest it represents, which also means that other ponies have cut ties with Sunny over less. Watching as an adult, you can appreciate that Hitch holds all the power in the relationship, and that Sunny needs him more than he needs her. Yet he never tries to take advantage of her.
In his conversation with Sprout, Hitch rants about how he’s done bailing Sunny out. But I noticed something about Hitch’s line in Zephyr Heights:
“Arresting you. And… saving you… A bit of both, actually… You’re welcome!” He said he was done, yet he’s travelled across Equestria and infiltrated a (supposedly) hostile city. He’s annoyed at himself, because despite everything that’s happened, he’s still there for Sunny.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@hironakamura
I mean, I’m not saying that the antithesis has to be shown in a positive light and who’s to say that they’re gonna take the Captain Planet approach? By this point, we’ve largely moved away from black and white morality in our fictional writing and if G5 wants to have more modern writing tropes like what the movie shows, then they might have more subtlety and a more gray area look into things with Sunny’s opposite. They’re likely not gonna go all “Racism is bad so here’s a racist antagonist where we punish and kill them and all racism is now gone forever”, they’re way too smart for that.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Grumpy and antisocial

The movie’s director mentioned that one of the mountains Izzy and Sunny saw in the end of their duet song was supposed to be Canterlot (it’ll be up for the folks in charge of the series to decide it it is canon or not). Something that got me confused at first is that they were looking at said mountain from what seemed to be a cliff. However, I looked closely and I think they were looking at it from that mountain next to Manehattan (the one who seems to be right in front of Hollow Shades). And since the pink tree seen in the background when Hitch realizes he lost his badge is apparently the Tree of Harmony, Zephyr Heights could be on Foal Mountain. (Sorry I used a textless version of the map, I couldn’t find good ones with text)
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
I don’t think the G4 map is gonna be considered canon for g5
IMO i would like it more of the setting is away from any of g4 locations (or built over the remains)
Also didn’t Imalou say that the pink tree was BASED of the tree of harmony and not literally the same one from the show
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Pretty sure the map wasn’t even canon to G4. At the least various traveling episodes don’t make much sense based on the geography.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Pretty sure the map wasn’t even canon to G4. At the least various traveling episodes don’t make much sense based on the geography.
This
Where everythibg is mostly just depended on what was easier for the episode
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide