MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #FEAC
I don’t think all pegasi, earth ponies and unicorns trust each other completely and we will see more of that in the series.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I don’t think all pegasi, earth ponies and unicorns trust each other completely and we will see more of that in the series.
One certainly wouldn’t expect race relations to be fixed overnight, true. I’m just hoping that:
a. I don’t have to spend the whole entire series dealing with themes of racism.
b. The writers don’t go out of their way to make things “relatable” to real-world race relations.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

If there’s gonna be a sixth character, I’d like him or her to be a zebra, just for the G5 to be original. I’d say that I wanted a pegasus, but to be fair we already got two pegasus (Zipp and Pipp), so it would saturate the interest in pegasus.
Another idea would be a deer (either male or female). I think it would be cool.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
Other Zebras besides Zecora and sentient Deer are like only seen in the comics. And they are a mixed bag already and now.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@Background Pony #6FC9
I don’t see a reason to trust this account. Their other “scoop” was the release months of the specials and season 1, when there were already signs pointing to the quarters they’d be released. They could be right, but I imagine it’s more likely that they’re playing in to bronies frothing at the mouth in hopes of a sixth cast member.
If there’s a sixth cast member, no way in hell will it be anything but a pony. The world of G5 just isn’t set up for that.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Background Pony #6FC9
I checked that source. Its just a random person.
Besides, if there was going to be a sixth member, it would be Sprout. Based on interviews, the only reason they went with 5 ponies instead of 6 was because they ran out of time for the movie. But when you check the concept art, you won’t see an unused sixth pony other than Sprout. He had as much concept art and decisive planning behind his design as much as the other 5 ponies did. I think theres even more effort put into Sprout compared to the other 5 due to revisions. So instead of dropping him, they just used him as the antagonist. The movie would’ve worked if the antagonist was just Phyllis.
hironakamura
Artist -

@DerpyFast
I’m glad someone noticed Sunny was also racist. Remember the questions she asked Izzy? Or how she assumed Izzy was reading her mind? Its like assuming all asians know karate or something.
Latecomer

Really, I wish the movie had gone further with that - it could have made up for Sunny’s lack of any substantial character arc. Let her idealise unicorns and pegasi, let her grow sour with her own kind, let her say “We’re all ponies just the same!” every day without really meaning it, and then have her come to really realise it on her journey. Boom - a much more compelling movie.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
It’s nice (for a given definition) to see that yeah, even Sunny had internalized some prejudices in spite of her desire for reunification of the tribes. But, uh, I’m not sure it would’ve been better if that was more pronounced.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DerpyFast
I’m glad someone noticed Sunny was also racist. Remember the questions she asked Izzy? Or how she assumed Izzy was reading her mind? Its like assuming all asians know karate or something.
And what of the fact that her main argument when she made her ill-fated speech at Canterlogic HQ was “Wouldn’t it be cool to have a friend who can fly?” I’m not sure if that quite counts as “racist”, but it does sound like a grossly superficial motivation for making friends. Sort of like trying to make friends with someone who owns a pickup truck purely in hopes of having them help you move.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

House of the Arcana
@Ring Team
Sunny Starscout is an earth pony number 1 main character. Having a unicorn simply balances out and not like make the show more racist just because the pegasus kicked unicorns out of power. For all I know, there’ll be a super athletic pegasus or a super can do anything that’s similar to Glimmer and you’ll still hate them even though they’re not le op unicorn. By that logic, Star Swirl is OP even though he’s nothing but dead weight.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide