MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Background Pony #0201
Probably everything except Spur and Biscuit. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hasbro wasn’t fully aware of those two given that their textures are broken in the Gameloft app IIRC.
So any disregard of continuity is likely intentional.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Myoozik
Though to be fair, Phyllis does seem to be fairly intelligent. She might do other karen things but I don’t know if she’d be that foolish.
Then again, her Canterlogic products included an anti-mind-reading helmet, despite the fact that there’d be no way to verify that it actually works without a magic user to test it against. Though for all we know she was intentionally scamming her customers. So maybe instead of being an anti-vaxxer, she’d try to profit off of them.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
@hironakamura
That makes sense. I mean, Phyllis kinda reformed at the end of the movie (I personally think she’ll be a nicer version of Flim and Flam in the series), it would be weird if she still made weapons.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I don’t think so. I think they’re gonna focus on the six main characters, which would be appropiate because the Mane 6 ARE the show.
But even if they would talk about them, the topic would be used sparingly. I might actually prefer that. As long as the G5 is focused on the new characters, we’re gonna be fine.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Ring Team
One problem with Luster is that she seemed like a clone of Twilight in personality. It figures I find her interpretations more interesting.
On the surface she doesn’t seem like a very interesting character.
I guess it doesnt really matter because she was probably more for the theme of the ending episode.
Of course it doesn’t mean she can’t be interesting character if they do wanna do something with her.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I agree to some extent, but that’s not a negative thing to me. I think her approach to research by not depending in friendship (because, to her, that “is too old”) was very interesting. Then she would change her mind, but it doesn’t completely feel like Twilight season 1.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Ring Team
I do remember all those zoomer memes about her. I guess that’s pretty interesting.
You know, I still like her. She’s some funny comics about her.
I wouldn’t mind fanfiction going more into her.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
So anyways how about horses? Ponies literally have an expression “strong as horses”. Who are these strange ponylike creatures. Are they the ancestors of ponies? A ruling class over ponies? Another related race like Neanderthals that are more rugged than ponies?
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
Also on that topic, how much are you willing to bet that the comics will have some impact on g5 now that entire zebra races are canon.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Phoenixflambe
I was meaning Luster Dawn but as say a kirin or a hippogriff or whatever other race other than pony to show the new cosmopolitan future that other creatures would be able to also lead in this new world as Latecomer said.
It’a more of a nitpick but it could give some credence to the success of the New Equestria.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I thought she was too similar in terms of being another bloody sky-named unicorn. It’s the multicultural age of Equestria - why can’t Twi have a zebra apprentice or something?
Well, Celestia recruited Twilight through the School for Gifted Unicorns - if actual magical skill is a necessary part of whatever Twilight has in mind, that would kind of limit her options. Though if Kirins are capable of the same range of magic as unicorns, that would be interesting.
And for what it’s worth, the 2021 annual comic had a diamond dog (who would become their Element of Magic) performing unicorn-style levitation with a magic staff, with the implication that she’s also capable of other magic. Which had me wondering if something similar could be used by other species with no natural spellcasting ability (including zebras, considering Zecora’s backstory).
@Phoenixflambe
The comics never had an impact on the G4 show So I’m not betting a lot
You mean besides introducing Scootaloo’s aunts?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide