MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #CC06
Discord appears in G5, and is afraid of Izzy because of her ability to sense luminescence, like how Q was afraid of Guinan in TNG.
Izzy, of course, is completely unaware that Discord is afraid of her.
Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Does anybody really care about Flurry Heart though? She never really took off in FiM. Her role was to be “the baby” and that’s about it. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it doesn’t seem like there were any more plans for her beyond that. I would be very surprised if they revisited this character.
As for a flashback to the old times, maybe we could see something like that, but we would need much more context in the present before that would even begin to make sense.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Myoozik
All the more reason to give her a personality to get fans interested in her.
It’a not necessary but I think with how creative the fandom is with interpreting older Flurry Heart, I bet you could make a fun character out of her. She’a completly a blank slate. Theres few limitations.
It could be a way to tie into the Crystal Empire (after all G5 unicorns seem obsessed with crystals hmmm).
Not necessary, but potentially interesting, I think so.
Of course she doesn’t have to referenced in every episode or even 95%.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Phoenixflambe
I wouldn’t necessarily consider him pointless because two of his episodes are some of my favourite episodes in the show, and he’s usually the voice of reason of other characters, mainly Twilight.
But I’d agree that they didn’t give him strong motivations or conflicts by the time season 9 was happening.
Cozy Glow, for example, was completely pointless, because at least Flurry Heart got A flurry of emotions, one of the best episodes of season 7, a season that was very average for the most part. My only problem to that episode was that it should have been from season 6, not 7.
Pinto Bean
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Eh, if they wanted to do a “What ever happened to…” with the Crystal Empire, maybe. We have discussed how the crystals in Bridlewood could be connected to the Crystal Empire. But if we were to go down that rabbit hole with the whateverhappento’s, there are more established characters to do that with. If the story is going to be a retrospective about the Crystal Empire, why focus on Flurry and not say, Cadance?
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Ring Team
If you did say yes then I can say for sure you invoke the wrath of nightshroud69, cause he won’t shut up about Celestia, Luna and Spike being benevolent goddesses and partner or that they aren’t used enough or whatever excuses or stuff he wanted to say. Cause he’ll never be happy considering we don’t know what he wants and when we finally do, he doesn’t care or still whines about being too late.
Moving on. Cause this is supposed to be a g5 theory discussion and them immediately linking them with g4 was perhaps too strong of a decision since if there’s any way to keep it separate it’s too late. The movie could’ve worked as a separate story by even replacing the mane 6 and the wonderbolts and it would still work without g4 as you’ve said and would’ve wanted. So yeah, if you wanna defect to the g5 fan base, you can. But I do feel splitting the fan base hurts it, but to be fair, it’s already split since I don’t know, season 2 came up. We’re not billions anymore that’s for sure.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Pinto Bean
My theory is alicorns have large, huge longevity. Not to be confused with immortality. I’ll say with Flurry being the youngest and recently born, everyone else around her died.
Applepie2010

Yakyakistan
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Eh, if they wanted to do a “What ever happened to…” with the Crystal Empire, maybe. We have discussed how the crystals in Bridlewood could be connected to the Crystal Empire. But if we were to go down that rabbit hole with the whateverhappento’s, there are more established characters to do that with. If the story is going to be a retrospective about the Crystal Empire, why focus on Flurry and not say, Cadance?
Interesting
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Phoenixflambe
I don’t think the G5 would split the fans, especially considering that this is only the beginning. the only reference we saw about G4 in the G5 film was there just to treat Friendship is Magic as a symbol, and it’s great. We didn’t need anyone from G4 to come back as a character.
Not to mention that the G4 had so many creative decisions that splitted the fans. The difference is that there’s no established things in G5. It can be whacky, fun and creative. I want the writers to go nuts.
Could Spike and Celestia be more interesting? Yeah, but I think we have to have this desire for the new characters in G5.
Background Pony #4F3C
I didn’t give a damn that Twilight became an alicorn. I couldn’t care less if Starlight was reformed. Chrysalis, Cozy Glow (they never decided if she was just a kid or not), and Tirek deserved to be turned into stone. I don’t mind Twilight 2.0 (Twilight’s design in The Last Problem). So G5 can even turn Twilight into a monster or never explain what happened between the pony species and I would still watch it. Not because I accept everything they do but because I don’t see G5 as something that must do what I ask and hope. This new generation doesn’t own me anything. As neither did G4. Again this is just my way of thinking. If you want answers, you are more than welcome to ask for them. After all, the MLP world is loved by many. While I don’t mind never getting answers, it doesn’t mean others don’t deserve to get theirs.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide