MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #43CE
Is it possible Sprout’s supremacist views are partially due to his mom’s ruthless business practices? In order to be successful in business, you need to be ruthless.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Hali the Emoji girl
I mean it would be cool (I don’t care for the bat ponies myself but that’s neither here nor there), but I still feel like if they did, they need a reason why there would be a bat pony than just because. All the main characters being the species that they are serve a purpose to the story.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Myoozik
In G4 canon, the only bat ponies we’ve seen are in Luna’s entourage, and “A Cutie Re-Mark” showed Rainbow Dash in Nightmare Moon’s guard with bat wings - heavily implying that they’re all just plain old pegasi whose wings have been magically transformed.
So, yeah, if G5 were to give us natural-born bat ponies, there’d be some serious splainin’ to do.
Background Pony #CB27
I wonder when will there be Vocaloid x MLP G5 arts??
2021 afterall, official Vocaloid crossover in May, then G5 in Sep.
Background Pony #CC06
Sunny once formed a one-pony protest against Maretime Bay’s school’s history class, demanding that they teach that the pony races used to be friends.
xLeadMarex
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Extremely indecisive!
I wonder when will there be Vocaloid x MLP G5 arts??
2021 afterall, official Vocaloid crossover in May, then G5 in Sep.
I rather that doesn’t happen due to the art style would be clashing too much with Asia’s majority preferences.
G5’s art style is more American appealing than Asian appealing. Asian nations gravitates towards G4’s art style.
The Chinese and Japanese MLP manga books, and the Japanese Vocaloid x MLP event shall be my evidence for my claim. Oh, and their conventions and statues dedicated to Pinkie Pie getting erected up pretty shortly after MLP G4 came into existance.
Background Pony #CB27
@xLeadMarex
Ah, I see, Asia often digs 2D more than 3D. Perhaps, not just that, no matter 2D or 3D, they got their own standards of cuteness.
At the same time, Crash is popular in Japan while Spyro is not, due to art cover adaptability of Crash’s.
Pvz is popular in China to the point of peakness.
Well, MLP got both China and Japan’s attentions, but I wonder how G5 is popular in each places… Probably not as much as G4 as you said right?
Background Pony #CC06
If G5 has an EQG-style spinoff, make a running gag where Pipp keeps getting mistaken for a middle schooler because of her height.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
At the same time, Crash is popular in Japan while Spyro is not, due to art cover adaptability of Crash’s.
Correction: The first two Spyro games were butchered in Japan, so bad the series wasn’t seen there again until Reignited.
xLeadMarex
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Extremely indecisive!
@Background Pony #CB27
Indeed, the content that North America’s current trends has subjected it’s audience to have leaned heavily on the three-dimensional C.G.I. spectrum of the visuals with majority of the two-dimensional visuals leaning heavily towards being constructed and animated in the art style of Teen Titans GO and Pony Life compared to animated series content in the past such as when Pixar wasn’t as major or even existant compared to Walt Disney and their hit classics such as Lady and the Tramp or The Lion King and The Lion King II: Simba’s Pride.
On the other side of the spectrum, majority of Asia, thanks to China as the dominating influence to it’s sibling countries, has been subjected itself to more two-dimensional content many individuals label as “anime”. And as such, something that is similar or can be easily translated/adapted to this “anime” art style is usually favored and preferred. With bubbly and creative personalities such as Pinkie Pie being the type of personality individuals tend to enjoy the most comapred to the more “serious” and “buiseness obsessed” norms that have been routinely nurtured in their country(ies).
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Background Pony #CC06
Ah yes, thanks for mentioning that! It appears EQG resonated with Japan since they got dubs despite those movies being made after season 2 which is the last Japanese dubbed season.
In fact, all I can find on Netflix are typical English or Mandarin dubs.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide