MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@GoodVibesGorgeous
That’s cool. Still, I’m worried about the whole CGI process. The models, the rigging, the textures, the color and photo composition, the rendering part…
I mean, rig is an extremely difficult and tricky part of the creation of one 3D character. I really hope there’s no crunch time in the team and everything is perfectly planned to avoid any technical issues.
Background Pony #4BBD
@Ring Team
As you should be. In most cases the quality of the animation for CGI series usually drops. I doubt it will be as great as the movie but I hope the team knows what they are doing.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Ring Team
Being the guy who studied 3d animation. It’s complex but not difficult. But yeah, the part of making the scene look right is much more difficult than in real life.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I’d love if the new show switched to 2d for a special with the g4 characters, like that TMNT special from a few years ago. Or the Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour. Remember that?
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial

An interesting crossover between My Little Pony and Monica Toy, a chibified spin-off of Turma da Mônica (also known in English as Monica and Friends and Monica’s Gang), a Brazilian comic book series and media franchise created by Mauricio de Sousa. Those responsible for social networks at Mauricio de Sousa Produções (Productions) love to make references with successful films and series. I think it’s kind of interesting that they chose Denise (the one playing Pipp) over Milena (who is almost a main character in the classic gang). I think it’s because Denise is the social media obsessed character (Milena would be more fit to play Hitch, as both are animal magnets, but then Cebolinha/Jimmy Five wouldn’t have any character to play).
hironakamura
Artist -

@Phoenixflambe
Back in the day, was significantly harder. You literally had to do it frame by frame. Now there’s 2d animation software that tweens for you and lets you make rigs.
Its about the same work animating as 3d but 3d requires a lot more grooming. You need to get lighting right. You need to make sure models parts not clip. You need to apply the right textures on model surfaces. Any wrong combinations of anything and its uncanny valley, robotic or plasticky. And that’s on top of getting the animation “not draw attention” because the movements came out unnatural.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@WyrmSpawN
I’ll just quote the relevant parts by SigmaSilver7:
G5 and the Death of Knowledge
by: SigmaSilver7
After watching the new movie, many have remarked that the changes in Equestria have hit the unicorns the hardest. Izzy tells the group that unicorns are very superstitious, to the point where if someone says a “bad” word, they will immediately drop what they are doing and perform an elaborate ritual to ward off bad luck. In Twilight’s time, magic had been studied to the point of becoming a science. One can only imagine that if Twilight saw a bunch of unicorns believing in “jinxes” and honking to avoid bad luck, she would flip her lid! She would teleport the lot of them to a lecture hall, strap them to their seats, and refuse to release them until they could identify the 7 Cardinal Sigils AND recite Starswirl’s Eightfold Principle from memory AND explain its importance to maintaining the integrity of thaumic fields.
This reminded me, oddly enough, of the universe of Warhammer 40K. That universe had an interstellar technology-driven society as seen in so many sci-fi properties.. until it all came crashing down due to a combination of an AI rebellion and losing the means of faster-than-light travel. Suddenly, it was a mad scramble for survival which caused much knowledge to be lost as humanity descended into a new age of barbarism. The world of Mars managed to hold on to more technical information than most. In the modern galaxy of the 41st millenium, most of humanity’s technology is manufactured and maintained by the Tech Priests of Mars.
Yes.. “priests.” I also said technical “information” rather than “knowledge”.
To illustrate what I mean, let’s suppose a tech priest wants to perform maintenance on an Imperial Guard APC. The priest would tighten the bolts, drain the engine oil which had become heavy with the driver’s impure thoughts, pour in fresh blessed oil, all the while burning incense and praying to the APC’s machine spirit. Some aspects of this ritual have actual mechanical value, such as tightening bolts and changing the oil. The rest of the ritual.. less so. The thing is, the tech priest doesn’t actually know what he’s doing! All he knows is that if he performs this ritual regularly, the vehicle keeps running. He doesn’t know WHY it works. He doesn’t realize that the need to change the oil has nothing to do with sinfulness. He just knows that when he does the ritual, the machine works like it should.
The unicorns of G5 are in a similar spot. Comprehension has been replaced with ritual. Knowledge has withered into mere information. Who knows what roadblocks superstition will put up that will prevent the recovery of the knowledge that existed in Twilight’s time because this is “forbidden” and that is “unlucky”? They have a vague memory that incantations and following certain formulas can invoke preternatural forces but the WHY and HOW has been lost, so they fill in the holes with superstition. Of all the pony races, the unicorns have the longest road to recovery.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Unless somepony can find some old spell books lying around, which wouldn’t be too unlikely given all the stuff Argyle had collected.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide