MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I don’t know how many people have noticed it, but, even though I like the different designs of the pegasus wings, I find weird that we only see that wing design difference in two characters that are sisters, Zipp and Pipp. When I first saw the designs, I didn’t expect them to be sisters.
Background Pony #45CD
True or false: G5 probably won’t have a doo-wop song, because the writing staff and VAs probably don’t know what doo-wop is.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #45CD
False, cause if G4 did so many musical genres from Broadway style songs to power ballads to 2010’s club pop to even old school hip hop, then I don’t have doubts that G5 will try their hands at different genres. Doo-wop is a very easy genre to do a homage on so maybe they can do that style in the series itself.
Background Pony #45CD
MLP G5 Funimation voice cast idea:
Matthew Mercer as Hitch. Imagine Hitch giving an exasperated “Good grief”, every time Sunny causes trouble with her plans to unite the pony races or Sprout tries to get out of helping him.
(Because Mercer played Jotaro in Jojo, who often said, “Good grief”).
Background Pony #FEB3
@hironakamura
And all this time I’ve been trying to come up with a unique name for my pony self that hasn’t already been claimed by the OC tags when I can just use my nickname!
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

One detail I really like is how Argyle’s story isn’t accurate; Princess Celestia sent Twilight to Ponyville by sending her a letter. But so many of the two-parters involved Twilight and her friends being summoned to the castle.
The idea that “Twilight was summoned to the castle to learn about friendship” feels like an actual historical misconception that would emerge over time.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
I really, really appreciate the concept designs for Maretime Bay’s background ponies. I hope they get to be used in the series! And looking closely to the character designs made me realize something: One of Rainbow Dash’s G5 concept designs (back from December 2017) has a very slight similar style to those background ponies. That means we possibly got to know the final style for G5 almost four years ago
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide