MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
And also 23 22 minute episodes. I wonder if all 23 will be dumped at once, if they’ll be released one by one, or in small groups.
Background Pony #11AF
@Phoenixflambe
In some ways, yeah. If this ends up being canon, that’s sad, but true.
I actually wonder if this will be a plot point in one of the G5 episodes?
Background Pony #11AF
@WyrmSpawN
Well, we don’t know if IDW looked at something, but it does make me wonder if G5 will use it as a plot point in one of the episodes?
But, yeah, I agree.
Northern Verve

I do feel like it’s very possible that part of the final comic is just coincidence or not even referring to G5 in anyway. And even if it was the intention, the FiM comics probably aren’t going to have anymore effect on G5 then they did the G4 show. It can be used for a basis of a headcanon being a sort of B-canon where it could be considered canon depending on the fan if nothing outright contradicts it, but probably is not going to be THE basis for what caused whatever happened, should that ever be explained in G5 proper.
Remember that Sombra remained evil throughout the show’s run. But was given a backstory and some kind of redemption in one arc of the comics. So it shouldn’t be guaranteed that the comics mean anything in regards to G5. I kinda doubt that the “Season 10” comic’s concept of multiple Elements of Harmony in each land outside of Equestria ever gets mentioned especially.
Background Pony #121A
I do feel like it’s very possible that part of the final comic is just coincidence or not even referring to G5 in anyway. And even if it was the intention, the FiM comics probably aren’t going to have anymore effect on G5 then they did the G4 show. It can be used for a basis of a headcanon being a sort of B-canon where it could be considered canon depending on the fan if nothing outright contradicts it, but probably is not going to be THE basis for what caused whatever happened, should that ever be explained in G5 proper.
Remember that Sombra remained evil throughout the show’s run. But was given a backstory and some kind of redemption in one arc of the comics. So it shouldn’t be guaranteed that the comics mean anything in regards to G5. I kinda doubt that the “Season 10” comic’s concept of multiple Elements of Harmony in each land outside of Equestria ever gets mentioned especially.
Hope “the element crazy” that Whitney had portrayed will disappear by itself as it is really meaningless - although the cunabulans`s heinous crimes against the world could explain why the realms lived apart from each other with a minimum of contact with each other. Whitney has left so many loose ends that one does not know where to start - or stop.
The only thing of value from S10 is at least the story of Pinkie and Cheese and the formation of “Friendship Empire” that we saw in the last page of the issue. This can be continued with zero problem in the G5, as the technological level revealed that a world community had existed when the magic disappeared. Whitney believed that the war between the cunabulans and the royal realms in the shadow of Discord’s chaos reign was what triggered self-imposed isolation of Equestria and other countries so that only trade, some travelers and low-ranking diplomacy were left.
This followed to disaster when Storm King launched his world conquest, the Abyssinians did not inform the others, the hippogriffs did not send a message about their fall. Celestia and Luna were completely blind to the threat from the south, which led to Twilight in S8 and S9 as S10 becoming preoccupied with the world outside Equestria.
But the images from where Everfree Forest once lay, and the fact that the Harmony Tree had lost its magic - unthinkable, even if a new “element war” were to occur - show that the threat may have come from within, from the very mysterious forest area. The deer civilization from the IDW comics may have been extinct when the entire valley was laid waste. I do not think anyone saw this coming. The deers have their own elements if we were to follow Whitney’s logic that all peoples throughout Equus have their own set of harmony elements latent in their magic.
And where did it come from? We know very little about the time before the great frost when the modern Equestria originated in the valley where Canterlot and Ponyville were located, probably around 1,500 to 1,600 years before S1. From Anugypt / Southern Equestria we know that the written history is at least 3,000 to 4,000 years old. It is very possible that G1 - or at least G4’s version of G1 - took place from between 4,000 to 2,000 years before S1. So much could have happened in such a long period, including a worldwide empire. We have only two possible examples, Empress Megan Williams`s Crystal Empire from a fanon reality and Emperor Grogar Empire that may have existed in the canon world of G4 and G5.
The best thing though is that Whitney`s Folly is ignored for posterity, the characters, the lore and the formation of the Friendship Empire can survive into the G5 lore as part of the historical background.
Background Pony #121A
The movie was great but I didn’t like that sunny’s father died.
Given that we will get 4 specials, it is certain that Argyle will appear in the G5, as the movie has revealed him as a mysterious and enigmatic pony with many secrets. He is in a way a kind of answer to Starswirl (the portrait of Starswirl in the lighthouse can point to this) in the G5. He was perhaps the most knowledgeable pony about the obscure past, and he had probably traveled to Zephyr Heights and other lands outside Equestria as seen from the maps he had left behind. Besides, we do not know how he died, and there is some suspicion that Grogar`s bell is central to this.
Background Pony #4BBD
@Ring Team
What if it wasn’t out of nowhere? He looked like someone who could be a problem to bad guys. He knew too much about the past. My headcanon is that he didn’t die ’cause of a disease or something, he was executed for being a ‘threat’. Sunny is probably going to be the next target after restoring magic.
hironakamura
Artist -

The movie was great but I didn’t like that sunny’s father died.
They killed him off because if he was still around, the events at the end of the movie would be very different. He might have stopped the earth ponies from panicking. This would result in Sunny bringing the 3 crystals together and then nothing happens. Then all the three tribes would go back home with no magic restored.
The crystals only indicate magic is back but it was the unity of the three tribes that brought magic back. If the earth ponies did not panic, there would be no common threat for all three tribes to unite together for.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Something that I never gave too much thought on until recently when I began to draw for the anniversary event but I don’t like how the characters faces look, they look too humanized and it looks awkward in the body of a pony. The eyes are too small and too far apart and they just look uncanny. I get that it’s Imalou’s art style but I think she should’ve experimented a little bit because what works in 2D traditional art doesn’t always translate well into 3D CGI.
It’s a pain in the ass to draw where they don’t look like they’re about to eat you in a dark alley
Background Pony #45CD
Hitch fights a villain to prevent him from hurting the ponies of Maretime Bay despite knowing full well he has absolutely no chance of winning.
Shimmering Spectacle
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

sTs trinity
@Ring Team
considering that someone thought of a theory that sprout was the one that killed him, i doubt that they’ll show his death in full detail, like with applejack’s parents, having to keep it vague for the main audience.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide