MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I’ve found a link where I can watch the film. I can’t watch it today for now, but maybe in 2 days I could give it a watch.

I think I’m gonna have a good time with the film. :)
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Ring Team  
I think you’ll enjoy it. I disliked it for some time because it wasn’t the movie I wanted at first but I loved it when I understood the story THEY were trying to tell.

Not a perfect movie but I think you’ll find it very charming and it truly does feel like it’s a G4 movie.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Angrybrony  
The G5 Movie starts exactly 810 years and 69 days after The Ending of the End. Fun fact: If you subscribe to “crossover theory” Pipp is the mother of a major character… But then again she’s a mitochondrial descendant of… (Checks chart) Somnambula, Snowdrop (and by extension Primrose), Spur, Apogee (and by extension Delta Vee), Nails, Lady Lightning Strike, and Tiptoe, and the mitochondrial line continues with the character in my avatar. What am I doing with my life, my future, and Hasbro’s copyrights?
Background Pony #121A
According to my notes on a technically non-MLP-related project, G5 starts exactly 810 years after G4 ends.

810 years? It fits well with the ponies’ usual pace of technology development, and not too big for an alicorn’s age, which can be counted for centuries. The unveiling of the station hall with intact and functioning machines and the many indications indicate that the disappearance of magic had happened no later than 60 years before Sunny and Izzy met, and the technological gap between the three locations in fact disguised a common technological background. It may also agree with the harmony tree that has been revealed, I do not think it has become less “crystallized” over time, although it has acquired an organic appearance. It is reminiscent of an oak tree that is just as old.

But the indications of what the movie has shown around the tree and the terrain that the Mane 5 walked through - we unfortunately did not see how they got out of Zephyr Heights and down into the valley - are ominous, there is no overgrowth in what was a very fertile and water-rich area that had existed for a very long time, only meadows - which are not naturally created. Only artificial interventions can create such meadows that looked like deserted plains - which is an impossibility in rolling and varied terrain.

There is now a growing probability that the theory that everyone in the valley has been wiped away by what took away the magic may be highly real, and that Ponyville and Canterlot along with Everfree may have existed for over 700 years after the end of the G4 . It is believed that if Sunny were to find what has happened in the valley - there may be no trace left, although Twilight may have left something, as seen with the three crystals.

The catastrophe that hit the Ponykind and now perhaps the whole world if all the magic in the Everfree were used to rib away magic and create memory loss, is at true nuclear level.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ  
Good.

If there one thing I want retconned, it’s to tone down the unicorn OP powers!

Also make the earth ponies have some cool tricks the other races can’t do as well.

That would be my dream.

It’s kind of frustrating how they made unicorns do spells the other races can do like fly. And the worse part is it was usually done simply to move the plot along or just because it looked cool.
Guiding Passion

Unicorn Magical Girl
So now that the movies out I’m curious was it any good, is it terrible? I’ve been waiting to see what people actually thought of it before deciding whether or not to watch it.
Background Pony #CB27
@Nine Tails  
I suggest scroll up comments and then visit previous pages, there are both positive and negative comments, but most people are on positive and very few are negative, use your own wits and guts to decide then.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Nine Tails  
@Pinto Bean  
I’d say it’s an enjoyable movie whether you’re into ponies or not. I think it works even for those who never heard of watched ponies before; it’s made for a new generation of people after all, hence the title. Including children who weren’t old enough to watch TV when G4 was around.

Subjective obviously, but the characters, the plot, the jokes, the songs… they’re all fun. If you expect mindless fun from a movie aimed at children, I’d say you’d even be pleasantly surprised. It’s a little more than that.

@Phoenixflambe  
Twilight loved Star Swirl so much because he advanced magic. Created spells and all that. Chances are unicorns will need that part of his character, if they’ve lost knowledge of the full potential of their magic.
Background Pony #121A
Fallout Equestria may have been partially “confirmed” by the movie.

Not only is the whole Everfree gone and everything seems desolate and ribbed in what was a very lively valley, we find no trace of ruins or irregularities around the tree that is supposed to be the harmony tree that had made up the wooden house for the young six. All overgrowth is unusually weak, even though it was a very rich forest area for probably several millennia. It’s reminiscent of “Ground Zero” - and Izzy may have revealed important evidence; she felled a large tree to create a bridge, at the foot of the Macintosh Hills where natural vegetation can be seen. The tree itself is very large. And strongly reminiscent of explosion-damaged trees from the world wars - they were often reduced to exactly what this tree looked like, and there are no remains on the ground after the branches and leaves.

A magical explosion at the atomic bomb level may have happened. And it had happened “recently”, which provides coverage for the theory of collective memory loss, it must have been such a traumatic experience for the whole of Equestria, perhaps the whole world. If this was triggered on purpose to take away the active magic perhaps all over the world, the instinctive and internal magic would happily remain intact - there is only one candidate.

The father of the monsters will return.
Background Pony #121A
So far there have been at least two major shocks when the link between G4 and G5 was to be retrieved, the discovery of the station hall which revealed that the loss of magic had not been so long ago, and the revelation of the harmony tree as an ordinary tree that appeared to be 600 to 900 years old as oak trees, on a desolate meadow where there was the densest forest in all of Equestria had shown that anyone in the valley may have been wiped out by an unknown event. Hints in the lighthouse point to a possible explanation, and it is possible that it was at the harmony tree that Argyle may have come on the trail of what really happened. The map that Sunny uses may have been made by Argyle who had a map of the valley (pre-S8) in his home.

We have received confirmation that the G5 will be darker and more mature than the G4. If my hypothesis is correct, a very horrific event would have destroyed Equestria and scattered the ponies and non-ponies into a life of fear and dread in all directions. This is shown to the older fans who can put it together on their own. The ponies could not remember what had happened; the conflict with distrust and fear would have arisen as a result of a very traumatic experience that few could remember, but which everyone knew had happened.

Then it is no wonder that Sunny is the element of Hope; My Little Pony has become a pandora’s box where the last thing left is hope. She has so much to work with, because she is the alicorn of Hope, the rescue of the Ponykind - and maybe the whole world. This is darker than I thought.
Guiding Passion

Unicorn Magical Girl
@Background Pony #121A  
Huh well if that’s the case then I can certainly by this being the same place just far in the future. Still whatever happened must have been truly horrific to wipe all that came before out like this. Then again their world has no shortage of potential suspects. Makes me wonder if this is the same world could we potentially see a return of Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy Glow since they were petrified?
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Nine Tails  
Whatever your reaction to the trailer and the Seven Questions for a Unicorn video was, that’s probably going to be your reaction to the movie.

I had a feeling I’d enjoy it, but it ended up being funnier than it had any right to be. And goddamn do the emotional moments ever hit.
Background Pony #121A
@Background Pony #121A
It could be just that this takes place far away from elsewhere in Equestria.

The valley of Canterlot, Ponyville and Everfree is the very heart of Equestria. Since Canterlot had become a megacity that probably had hundreds of thousands of inhabitants, it means that if a magical super explosion happens in Everfree, this could wipe out all life in the entire valley, only Zephyr Heights survived because it was very high up. It is possible that Canterlot was under evacuation, and that survivors came to the whole world with accounts of the disaster with lots of theories that can quickly lead to accusations. Especially if they could not remember, and if the magic had disappeared. Those responsible will then have to intervene with censorship to restore stability - thus the “fake” history books that Hitch mentioned. It is also possible that residents of the valley can be “saved” by ending up in the limbo. The whole world may have seen the loss of central leadership, whether Twilight or her successors were in power, by being in Canterlot.
Guiding Passion

Unicorn Magical Girl
@DerpyFast  
Honestly I’m gonna be going into this completely blind. I’ve been so busy with other affairs and so on the fence about gen 5 that I’ve largely been ignoring it up tell now
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide