MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #FE5E
I’m listening to the G1 Sea Ponies song.

Now I’m imagining Argyle (Who’s a historian), singing, “Shoo be doo, shoo shoo be doo!”, and when Sunny looks at him funny, he says, “It’s a song from long ago”.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Went through watch number six last night and I’m weirded out because I like it more each time, especially the songs. I expect the newness and I-love-these-new-characters-so-much glow to wear off eventually and make constant rewatches a little less endearing but until then god I just want to gush over it. Big props to Imalou for the Sunny/Izzy designs they are so good, just keep repeating Gonna Be My Day sequence over and over and over and smiling like a lunatic. So happy, hopeful, upbeat, and cute it makes my heart melt

if this doesn’t put a big damn smile on your face i worry about you  
full
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I’ve been in the fandom since 2010, and what I remember is how the big questions actually pulled away from ponyville and the core pony types.

When will we see Princess Luna?  
Why did Luna snap and why couldn’t Celestia save her?  
What are the Zebra lands like?  
What are the Griffon lands like?  
What are the dragon lands like?

I believe that they developed the other species because it gave them creative opportunities beyond “another real-life place but with horse puns”.

So I think the premise of the movie is pulling double duty. Scenes like this give a lot of weight to the things we took for granted in G4…  

And all of the big questions hanging over G5 take us back to the core pony types:

What caused the breakup?  
How does getting their magic back affect unicorn culture?  
How does getting flight back affect pegasus culture?  
How does unicorn magic affect the other two cities?  
How does earth pony and pegasus technology affect unicorn culture?  
What are the general growing pains of the three groups reuniting?

All the things we just took for granted in G4 are now a potentially endless source of stories in G5.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
i watched the movie.  
it’s a pretty good start for the gen. lots of room to tell stories and world/charater build.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Now be careful, everybody.

We constantly praised ‘potential’ instead of what they were actually doing in the old show, and it left a bad taste often.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I’ve dedicated way more time and money to the franchise than I’d like to admit since I came along at the end of S1 and admittedly the last few years I had started questioning if it was all worth it, but getting in on the ground floor for G5 was certainly a good experience… maybe I’ll be suck on the ride for a while afterall
Background Pony #AC19
What do you think the special will be about? I think it’ll be about Sunny and her friends finding out more about ancient Equestria.
Background Pony #CF24
@Johnny B. Mediocre  
Or maybe not making any Equestria Girls as far as spin off are concerned? That could be nice, exploring concepts that are not shoehorning a concept and a setting A la Monster High that is far too different from a show called My Little Pony?
Background Pony #CF24
@WyrmSpawN  
… Now but for real, I have to praise your consistency, it’s borderline amazing. I have been on this website for almost a decade and everytime I see you around, there is never ever a hint of anything ressembling appreciation when you comment and to that day, I’ll still question the motives behind your self imposed misery. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m absolutely not saying you should be mindlessly happy, if you want praise, your line of reasoning can be insightful but the question remains still: what the fuck are you expecting at this point except standards that only you know about and that I’m pretty sure you know deep inside that they’ll never be met?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Background Pony #CF24  
For the glimmers of when they do something genuinely good or at least close to that personal standard. Sometimes it’s constant bangers, sometimes it goes very dim. If you’ve paid as much attention as you say, you would know that.
Background Pony #9485
The post-credits scene makes me think that the special might be about the earth ponies starting to feel inadequate compared to the unicorns and pegasi, and have them rediscover their own magic. I’m even thinking there’ll be a slight change to how it works so it’s more “noticeable” than it was in G4.
Background Pony #121A
The post-credits scene makes me think that the special might be about the earth ponies starting to feel inadequate compared to the unicorns and pegasi, and have them rediscover their own magic. I’m even thinking there’ll be a slight change to how it works so it’s more “noticeable” than it was in G4.

If Argyle had found the “Journal of Friendship” book, it is possible that his research could provide important clues about magic - moreover, it will be interesting and not a little fun when the ponies learn how diverse and potential magic is for all three pony tribes. Zipp has a strained relationship with her sister who needs to get in shape when it comes to flying, and Sunny needs to research what she as an alicorn can do, with the help of Izzy, Hitch and Zipp. Also, Sunny can find more secrets in the special after her father, maybe the two special books from the G4?

If Sunny wants to find out what happened to Canterlot and Ponyville, an expedition to the valley could take place as soon as possible, as Zephyr Heights is now available for the Mane 5. We do not know what they’ll find, they will find one. intact but forgotten society, or ruins - or nothing? Sombra abducted the Crystal City with him when he died for the first time. But I do not think Twilight, who may have received predictions about what will happen, will hesitate to leave aids that can be of great help to the ponies in the future. As a library that can teach the ponies about their magic and history that had been lost.

We can find what happened when the magic disappeared, but I have a feeling that the final answer to this can wait throughout the G5 while world building, exploring and restoring Equestria occupy the adventures of the Mane 5. If it was a powerful enemy that was behind the attack, it is possible that the cause will not be explained as long as possible. So that Sunny could concentrate on spreading friendships, restoring the old contacts, learning about the world - the twelve states of Equestria can be the beginning - and creating alliances and friendships, in the face of mistrust, misunderstandings, hostility and cultural collision.

I think the G5 will not be about a series of separate adventures that completely replaced each other, but a continuous story from beginning to end, in contrast to the G4. The script behind the movie points to this.

And speaking of Netflix; Hasbro is not just anyone, Netflix can not provoke these unnecessarily, as seen in the case of the delayed first trailer. Netflix is ​​dependent on the movie and TV producers.

The G5 has got a dream start that Hasbro had hoped for, now they can continue down the course which may have been decided already in 2019/2020 if the whole case around the IDW S10 has something to do with it. It is no coincidence that the various non-pony people were apparently exposed to the same thing as the Ponykind in the G5. There was a lot of uproar over Discord`s deception and the disappointment that Grogar was not “the End boss” of the G4. There was also, as seen in the escalation of the S10, a strong interest in building lore about people, about the world, about background etc.

If Grogar comes to the G5 … we are entering very interesting times for the coming years.
Background Pony #9485
@TOMNICE  
I actually thought Sunny sent two lanterns; one went to Bridlewood and the other went to Zephyr Heights, and Pipp was the one who found and kept the second one.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide