MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Background Pony #BE08  
oh yeah that’ll definitely be a interesting interaction, i mean hitch was even willing to arrest his friend to establish order. Discord would be upset like how dare u compare yourself to fluttershy but i can see them having a heart to heart at the end were there on good terms.
xLeadMarex
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Extremely indecisive!
@CORDZ2000  
That’s a nice idea but, I feel like they won’t bring back Discord since they’ll stay by their claim of “G.4. ponies are difficult to convert to 3.D.” and might extend that reason to Discord.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

So I watched the movie. Loved it, save for one thing.

No, not Sprout. He’s so laughably evil, without a single shred of virtue or quality, that I can’t take him seriously. He’s not a character or even a person, he’s a caricature.

No, I mean Sunny Starscout. She continues G4’s proud tradition of “role models” being assholes who’re only “good guys” because the show frames them that way and the universe they live in is designed from the ground up to prove them right. Fitting that she ‘ascends’ like Twilight at the end of the movie. And I’ll leave it at that.

It’s a shame because it torpedoes a crack idea I had for her family. But now that I find her so despicable, yeah, no. So I’ll focus on Mom #1: Queen Haven instead. The three royal pegasi are such precious little darlings I can’t
Background Pony #121A
Have now seen the movie. About … good. Now I understand why the Russians shouted that it was “kid-friendly” (they are not as concerned with sewing pillows on their children as the Americans), not adult subjects and by signs of violence, we see clear signs of stopping through the display of frightened foals. And the critics are right; the plot is poorly developed, poorly reasoned and the finale is not as grand as it should be. At the very least, I know that the footage that showed the magic unleashed was manipulated - this is a serious taboo in advertising movies.
At a rate of 1 to 10; in the case of the transition from G4 to G5; 2. Almost the worst. In terms of background, we see very little beyond three localities although the Zephyr Heights seemed to stretch downward than thought; 4. The plot, 3 - the three writers have made a very average effort that it almost stood for failure. But then we come to the highlights; the character developments for the ponies; 7. The very basis of the movie; the formation of the Mane 5 through an adventure in which they united and created a new beginning; And lastly, the message that the movie is meant to show - friendship, unity, forgiveness - where Sunny emerges as a future leader -
10 !!!!!
Better than the 2017 movie, which is best on the plot, the background and the actions - which was far less “kid-friendly” in comparison. The G5 has got off to a good start, but I just feel sorry for those who have to rework that to build on the G4 lore. We may have seen an abandoned “railway station” that was possibly intended for passenger airships, so there is much to speculate on.
I honestly still prefer the 2017 movie over everything else so far.

The two movies are too different to compare, they are the opposite of each other. Also in “the suitable for children” conditions, the 2017 is simply too raw and brutal compared to the 2021.
Background Pony #121A
@Background Pony #121A
That one heck of Memory erasing spell.

The indications that came through the 2021 movie suggest a far much more gruesome past where the G4 abruptly stopped.

Zephyr Heights revealed this. The pegasi city did not appear to be more than a few centuries old and the architecture is inspired by Canterlot despite modern technology and art style. When Zippy took Sunny and Izzy to her research site, it was through a secret entrance somewhere in the city complex - leading down to a station hall. Reminiscent of a railway station hall, but with features taken from the airports with terminal buildings. The glass window was mounted on sliding doors leading to a flat place, we know from the IDW comics and partly the G4 show that an airship port is located in just such locations. The items including the furniture do not show that they were very old, and Zippy, who had probably investigated the place she had found, said that no one could remember this.

Argyle who was far more than what he pretended to be, as it is possible that he knew more than others - had explored “the ancient past”, but his building is full of objects and other things that do not indicate that these are many centuries old. Instead, it seems that these are only several generations old, and magic that could protect them from the ravages of time did not exist. The lighthouse existed when the ponies were united, this was discovered in the station hall. It was not that old, and there was a mysterious mechanism there for the three crystals that Sunny discovered (and led her to the third).

It’s like with the IDW S10 … where the zebras had lost their history, the diamond dogs lost their community and the abyssinians lost their magic. We do not yet know how this happened, only that the Harmony Knights were involved. But we know they were defeated in the end, as the show ended twenty years after that. We saw Canterlot becoming a megacity at the end of the S9, and it is possible that Zephyr Heights was developed in peaceful times as a suburb of Canterlot. But what happened to Canterlot? And it seems that only Argyle who had a map, knew about the city - which Sunny seemed to ignore.

The loss of magic, collective memory loss and loss of community - if this was a hostile attack, it could only have been done by a powerful enemy that even Twilight Sparkle could not stop. And it is possible that she may be alive in the G5, but we do not know yet. When the crystals were activated, it was because Sunny had united the three leaders and talked about love, forgiveness and friendship. She was the hope that made the ponies listen to her. Then it’s no wonder she’s becoming an alicorn, but it’s only halfway.
Background Pony #121A
If Sunny’s most dangerous enemy is who I think it is - we’ve seen a sign of this in Argyle - she needs all the help and support, even from the alicorns of the past. Will not say more.
Background Pony #121A
If Sunny’s most dangerous enemy is who I think it is - we’ve seen a sign of this in Argyle - she needs all the help and support, even from the alicorns of the past. Will not say more.

If Sunny’s most dangerous enemy is who I think it is - we’ve seen a sign of this in Argyle’s home - she needs all the help and support, even from the alicorns of the past. Will not say more.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
I’m expecting this to be a short-lived flop. Leaks have revealed they’re doubling down on everything that went wrong with G4, and official announcements have made it clear they’re all in on the woke stupidity.
Of course, I can’t see them admitting that since Netflix makes it easy to hide the real performance numbers and they may be able to get them to manipulate the official ratings as well, but they’ll know it’s a flop and presumably abandon G5 in short order.
Combine that with the fact that the discontinuity will help break some rabid fanboys out of their cognitive dissonance and see it for the mess it is, and you have a recipe for a solid crash and burn.
Mark my words, it won’t do nearly as well, and people will be begging to have G4 back. Why? Because there is no way in hell G5 will be given 9 seasons. It’ll get the usual 3 and call it a day. Replicating the runaway early success and influence of G4 is nigh impossible.
But while that’s obviously impossible with the current staff, it is possible to build a future MLP franchise that recaptures G4’s success. The key is artistic integrity, passion, and a dedicated team just like it was for G4 under Faust.

I agree.

Edit: At least on G5. I personally liked all of G4, but I think G5 will fail hard.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

So I just saw My Little Pony: A New Generation.

Now, I’ve had a lot of fun speculating. I liked what was shown in the trailers, and I figured that as long as the ideas were interesting, I’d basically be in for a good time.

I was not expecting the movie’s humour to remind me of The LEGO Movie.

I was not expecting the emotional moments to hit like the best of Disney/Pixar.

My only complaints are that the third act and ending felt abrupt, and that Pipp wasn’t developed more as a character.
Background Pony #BE08
Zipp: What are you up to, Pipp?

Pipp: Trying to maximize my viewcount by finding the perfect permutation of tags and using thumbnails that will best allow the algorithm to put my videos in ponies’ Recommended page.

Zipp: …And yet you’re only making a C in Math.

Pipp: (Rolls her eyes) Um, hello, Zipp! This is IMPORTANT!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide