MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Let’s be real for a second: Magic was a bit too much in MLP:FiM. So taking magic out of the unicorns prevents this issue.

The only thing I can be fine with magic in G5 is with magic scepters and dangerous amulets, or something like that.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Ring Team  
It was not too much. It’s a fantasy world with magic, get over it.

Anyway, you’re going to be disappointed. I think almost all of us knew the magic was going to return before seeing the movie, though, so not sure why you’re harping on this point. You’re just wrong about it in numerous ways.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
According to the Random Number Generator (which has a maximum of one billion, I set the minimum to 1000), the amount of time between G4 and G5 is 963,477,410 years. Do you agree?
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Ring Team

Sort of…? I can definitely see where you’re coming from with regards to a lot of the narrative-driven episodes, but for the most part it was pretty mundane. My issue with it was well, since I come from a talky-techie sci-fi background, was its misapplication: Why is it that we only occasionally see it being used as a problem-solving technology? Whether it’s Twilight picking a heap of apples at once in Applebucking Season, or the Flim-Flam brothers using magic to power their industrial cider-making, or Starlight Glimmer basically being how I would use magic by economising and optimising processes.

In g5, I’d like to see them follow that tract, since the setting already has a lot of technology present, and it would be interesting to see how a more technologically-inclined populous would treat magic compared to g4.
Background Pony #BE08
What if it’s revealed that Sprout is the way he is because his mom spoiled him as a result of his dad leaving?

(Sprout’s parents divorced when he was a colt).

Then it’s revealed that Sprout’s parents divorced because Phyllis had an affair, so she spoiled Sprout out of guilt.
Background Pony #CC20
@Background Pony #BE08  
That sounds like an interesting idea. Of course you would have to find ways to imply it. I can imagine her spoiling for some reason like that though if not another reason.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
They should’ve started with a G4 movie that sets up the G5 world, so we have a definitive answer on what happened to our favorite little pony friends.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide