MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@SparkleDash  
Boulder only worked in season 1 of Gumball. They had no involvement in later seasons! The only CN series Boulder works now is DC Super Hero Girls, who may end after season 2 (the showrunner for season 2 followed Lauren Faust’s steps and left to work in something else).
Jaredking779
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The MLP Lover-Fan
I don’t know if I said this in this thread or not, but the truth is, the relationship with Izzy and Sunny marks an interesting point:  
  1. They are besties, having the best relationship in the G5 series.
Background Pony #121A
Have learned enough to understand the movie; this is 100% G5 instead of a transition from G4 to G5, and strongly marked by a desire to break with older lore and unfortunately as seen with the earth ponies and the unicorns the writers will not tone it down. The background is too weakly developed, and it is seen that the animators follow their own path to great joy for us who can find a lot of strange things where it is a bit blank. This is a movie where it is the animators who saved the G5 and created a new beginning than the writers, who in different circumstances could have been a huge mistake.

Thank goodness that the character gallery around Sunny is strong enough to carry the entire movie and reach the audience successfully, as they have overwhelmed everything else that was bad or poorly developed. A little strange that the pegasi was given better treatment than everyone else. The writers were a little too influenced by the present time in 2019-2020 when the US presidential election and the pandemic were going on.

It has been revealed that trailers and pictures have been retouched and manipulated, so we did not get to see what came out before in the movie, especially when Sunny was to become an “alicorn”. It is obvious that Hasbro and others who came to, realized that the movie could go wrong, and thus hope to “surprise” the viewers. They could have spared themselves the trouble, the characters in what make up the Mane 5 are enough in themselves.

Ironically, the Mane 5 saved the G5 as much as saving the Ponykind by returning the magic to them. It is they, not the background of the movie, that are most important. A contrast from the 2017 movie, where it was the background that had come to the fore.
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I’m kinda disappointed that ponies don’t get their cutie mark on their left flank back by the end of the movie, still held on some hope that they went back on that concept.
Background Pony #E0A9
Do you think Queen Haven loves to brag about how talented her daughters are?
Background Pony #B58C
Has anyone pointed out the technology difference between the races yet? Cause so far it seems like each species is at a different point. Like the pegasus are they only ones I’ve seen with phones, where as the unicorns don’t even seem to have electricity and the Earth ponies are around like the 80s or so
Background Pony #E0A9
With the clips, we know a little bit more about the characters.

Like how Sunny, while well-meaning, doesn’t always think things through. Like how she thought it would be a good idea to give a speech on unity during a product demonstration, or when she recklessly bet both crystals in the competition against Alphabittle.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide