MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

As far as what happened between G4 and G5, here’s a list of points:

*The windigoes haven’t appeared  
*The day/night cycle is working  
*The three tribes have lost their magic  
*The three tribes no longer get along  
*Whatever the three crystals are, they need to be together to bring the magic back  
*The crystals didn’t show up in G4, so it’s not unreasonable to assume they were created between the generations.

Between the windigoes and the roles the three species performed, I’m willing to accept that magic really was the glue that held the tribes together, and that without it, they would return to their default state of not trusting each other.

I’m going back to one of my earlier theories, which is that one civilization getting to control The Sun eventually drove a wedge between the civilizations. I think the magic disappearing was a side effect of trying to automate the day/night cycle, and the crystals were created to counteract this effect.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Considering that some episodes from G4 are 22 minutes long and very lazy or very long stories, I’d prefer the 10 minutes format, unless the new writers know exactly what they’re doing.

All I’m gonna say is that episodes like 28 pranks later and The one where Pinkie Pie knows didn’t need to be 22 minutes episodes.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
So we have three parent characters. Argyle, Phyllis and Haven.

Argyle is good.  

Phyllis is evil.  

And Haven?  

What is she? There’s no info about her it seems. (Spoiler her moral alignment if you want to say what it is.)
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
I have one really big fear with this movie, and that’s that the animation is so good that it’s setting everyone’s expectations for the show itself really high, and the show 3D will be far lower quality.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Ring Team  
I agree. I love those epic episodes that makes it feel like I’m watching an action adventure epic or a family soap opera drama.

And I would love to see G5 have episodes like these that will awww me or make me cry.

That’s why I prefer episodes to be longer so can have episodes like these.

Maybe we can also have some comedic shorts that are 10 minutes long.
Background Pony #CC20
Phyllis will be like Norman Osborn from Spiderman and Sprout will be like Harry.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@Mikey  
Well, Atomic Cartoons is quite decent with 3D animation. Their animated series don’t look that bad! And Boulder is fine as well (okay, okay, they only have one 3D-animated series, but still). The series probably won’t look that bad!
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
I just watched the new clip. It looks I’ve learned new things about our characters.

Sunny is a mare who is bold and daring. Maybe a little too much so. She’s pretty badass.

Pipp is musically in tune and even used that to help Sunny. I think I like Pipp more.

Izzy doesn’t seem as erratic as I thought surprisingly. She’s optimistic and curious but she doesn’t seek too hyperactive or even reckless (she still is to an extent) though naive at times.

And that’s where the It’s Alright song came from.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
New series announcement: The Amazing World of Gumball continuation on HBO Max. Does Hasbro really think they can compete with that? It was said that the same studio worked on both shows, right? Anyone else think they may abandon MLP in order to do more Gumball? If that happens, G5 may only last one season.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide