MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH

If it turns out that Hitch is a better character than I expected, that’s another reason why he is now my favourite character! I used to make him the subject of my jokes because his smug smile looked like a mask to hide some misery inside.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Ciaran  
But my stance is that I’m willing to forgive some of the show’s massive flaws if they just bring back the G4 characters in a proper and respectful way, specifically Princess Twilight. I really need Twilight to be the new Celestia for this series or I just can’t accept it. The word “Speculation” is in the title, so I really want to question what the likelihood of that is. Am I allowed to do that?

@Background Pony #6E1D  
I don’t think that they’re going to be willing to give me a spoiler, unfortunately.

@Mikey  
Please show me where they did. Please.

Okay, well since the user above mentioned this account, here’s just one recent example.

They’re literally like, directly saying that the G4 art style was terrible and the the fandom needs to abandon it in favor of accepting the way G5 looks.

And yes, before you say it, it is true that he did not literally use those words directly, but this is what I’m saying about passive aggressive comments. It’s been months of downplaying G4 and indirectly insulting the people who worked on it for months. Why can’t he just admit that Lauren Faust’s art style was great?! It’s this weird backhanded type of stuff that I’ve been seeing since the movie was announced.

Why would he take the time to put down the G4 art style unless there was some kind of anger at G4 fans there?

Again, how do you know she’s dead????

Because she would never let Equestria come to this segregationist state! She would be willing to die to prevent that! That is 100% logically logic for speculation to me, bug I’m hoping that the show brings her back in some way.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
They’re literally like, directly saying that the G4 art style was terrible and the the fandom needs to abandon it in favor of accepting the way G5 looks.

No, they aren’t. I don’t know how you’re getting that from those tweets. At all. And Imalou is just an ARTIST. Not a writer.  
They said:  
To be honest, it is so much more interesting to see artists drawing ponies in a different artstyle than just having the perfect rendition of the G4 artstyle

It shows that as an artist, you’re trying to push yourself to be unique, different artstyles shows different stories and I respect it more than someone tracing G4 screenshots

Tell me how any of that implies trashing G4’s style, what part is passive agressive. i’ll tell you.  
None.  
None of what he’s saying implies he dislikes G4’s style. Directly or indirectly.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@SparkleDash  
no they did not.

they said that they prefer seeing artists draw ponies in their own styles rather then just try and make it a copy of the g4 style

and then even said later in one of the replies that they think both a unique style and following the G4 art style is ok, and that it’s just their preference to seeing original styles rather then copying the look of G4
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@SparkleDash
no they did not.
they said that they prefer seeing artists draw ponies in their own styles rather then just try and make it a copy of the g4 style
and then even said later in one of the replies that they think both a unique style and following the G4 art style is ok, and that it’s just their preference to seeing original styles rather then copying the look of G4

THIS^^^^^^^
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Mikey  
Why did he chose to single out G4? He could’ve said it as a general comment, like, “I like when artists do unique art styles in fanart, rather than just tracing screencaps.” How hard is that? But instead, he decided to specifically say that if you do it for G4 of MLP that it’s a problem. Like, other cartoons exist. Why say it that way unless you have a vested interest in shitting on G4?
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@SparkleDash  
Because G4 is the most recent? And what most artists base their style on?  
“I like when artists do unique art styles in fanart, rather than just tracing screencaps

That still implies G4? What else would he mean? You’re taking the words of a fucking artist wayyyyyyyyy too seriously. Grow up.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
That still implies G4? What else would he mean? You’re taking the words of a fucking artist wayyyyyyyyy too seriously. Grow up.

How would it imply G4? Lots of other cartoons exist. If he only dislikes it for G4, that may be suggesting something.

And anyway, the point is that this was just one example. I can find others if I look hard enough. Do you want me to?
Background Pony #5A42
@SparkleDash  
They never said that the G4 art style was terrible. Are you really trying to twist the truth in your favor. They literally said it’s okay for artists to develop their own style and not just copy G4’s. And I have not seen any G4 downplaying at all. If anything, I’ve seen more people attack G5’s style and anyone who likes it.  
Clearly this thread isn’t for you at all. Maybe take you pro-G4/anti-G5 elsewhere and let those who want to enjoy G5 actually enjoy it.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@SparkleDash  
….No she isn’t.

She just said that she prefers people making art in their own style rather then trying to directly copy the art style of the show.

and people HAVE been copying the G5 style.

Also the artist is a she btw.
Icicle Niceicle 1517

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Anyway to get back to the actual conversation of g5…

I find it amusing how in one trailer it shows the Pegasus guards actually doing a trumpet call when announcing Pipp…

But in the recent clip, they just decide to use their phones to play a trumpet sound effect instead X)  
Along with having to roll out a carpet for Pipp everytime she enters a room X)
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Mikey  
Here’s another example, about Pony Life.

Now this, nobody can deny is a very mean comment towards the crew. Let’s not forget, a good number of people from G4 worked on Pony Life, but none of them are working on G5. So why the direct insult to them?

There are more examples too.

@ichiban iceychan 1517  
Sorry, I meant to keep saying “they”, because I didn’t see where her pronouns were, but forgot and just assumed male for some reason.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Mikey  
Well, I personally very much respect Pony Life and consider it to hold a very good place in my heart as sort of a slightly alternate universe version of G4. It’s kinda like if Pinkie Pie had kept Discord’s powers in the finale.

In fact, if you think about it, Pinkie said she had power over the Cosmos in that scene, not just the mere universe. The Cosmos would include alternate universes, so maybe Pinkie in that moment created her own separate universe and it was how Pony Life was made.

And the cool thing is a lot of the crew from FiM worked on Pony Life, so I consider it a respectful thing to not comment on it if you dislike it and are working on G5, personally.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide