MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Background Pony #C0B3  
Sounds good on paper. But too OP for my liking. Each character should have a trait thar they should specialize in that the others can’t match as well as the others.

Most importanty, it might negate the importance of the other characters, if just one character have all these traits and the others might be inferior.
Background Pony #077F
Reposting my thought on the selfie poster

Seeing characters you were being acustomed to for a decades, that live in a fairy tale-medieval-sortasteampunk setting suddenly ,by the virtue of timeskip (which is a justifiable excuse unless the unforgivable couldnt-care-less asspull that is the Mirror Dimension That Conveniently Led To An Urban Setting Similar To Monster High And Disfigure The Main Character To Badly Colored Barbies In the Process) acquire cellphones and make a selfie, that make you dimly aware that 10 years have passed. As i hope i established properly, i’m not bitter about that development, in my mind the justification to that state of being make sense for a narrative standpoint (seeing what Equestria look in the distant future ? Yeah why not, show me, i’m curious) , it really does but you know they did it to appeal to the “zoomers”. That too is justifiable from a marketing standpoint, of course Hasbro is going to cater to today’s kid ,if we feel left behind in my opinion it’s our “fault”, we’re getting old

And we feel that on the double since you know,we’re not the target audience
Background Pony #077F
@Vortaxonus  
And you felt anger on that post about my fear of 4chan shoving their “go woke,go broke” discourse that’s on you. I was just posting my concerns on the matter and i wasnt doomposting but let’s be realist, pop culture fandom attitude is pretty bleak nowadays  
Me shitting on Equestria Girls, yeah i get that to you that’s anger, that shit is inexcusable.10 years doesnt wash away that it was (probably not intended but still) a metaphorical middle finger to both Faust and to everyone who hope media for girls evolve beyond being Barbie
Background Pony #077F
@Dex Stewart  
Yeah,G1.5 established that from the get go. A more or less contemporary (1980s in that case) setting. I like that it seems that G5 seems to define G4 as “Ancient Equestia” .
Background Pony #077F
Once again, i emphasize i’m fine with the G5 settings allowing the ponies to have cellphones and what not. Time passed and their technology evolved naturally from the vague Schizotech steampunk technology they had (they already had cinema theater and two reel movie projector) to being able to take selfies
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
silver quill is now doing videos on g5 And to point out that the idea that what the mane 6 did resulted in a perfect future with no problems with friendship Is a greater fantasy than magic talking horses
TOMNICE
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Artist -

Hungarian G1 pony fan
I am just hoping they will not make cringy jokes of mentioning random websites with horse puns. Scoob was enough for me.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide