MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Shimmering Spectacle
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

sTs trinity
@Dex Stewart  
to be clear, the 44 min special (after the movie) is of course g5, if you don’t take my word for it then look at this, it shows in fine detail hasbro has planned for g5.

and personally, i’ve waited two years for g5 to be this close to release, and i don’t want to look at anymore pony life at this point.

and another thing, i don’t care if it’s strange seeing a movie and a special being released this close together, it just means more g5 is on the way.
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
Anyone seen the new videos on the official MLP YouTube channel where the VAs play a bit with the toys of their respective characters?
Background Pony #121A
Lots of talk about Alicorn Sunny in Equestria Daily. We now know that it is inevitable, as the lore from the G4 is taken into the G5 - which meant that ponies can ascend to the alicornhood through their deeds and special feats. Nothing is greater than reuniting and rebuilding Equestria and taking up the legacy of Twilight and the other alicorns, and that’s what Sunny has set out to do.

But I will not be mistaken if almost everyone here has a desire that Alicorn Sunny will only be temporary rather than a complete ascension, as she has potential as an earth pony for the G5 series. And if she were to be the G5’s answer to “Super Saiyan”, it would be interesting, because we do not know how she can activate her alicorn powers. Maybe just with her friends as a medium for everyone’s magic?

Either way, Alicorn Sunny means three things; first, that the “curse” that held down the magic is formidable, so that only an alicorn can break it; secondly, it will give the fans answers to a very old riddle from the very beginning; the alicorns`s final destiny - whether they die out or ascend away from the mortals forever; thirdly, we will see Mane 6 for the very last time, if they were to meet Sunny in the ponies’ “heaven” or the Elsewhere. Sunny has to go to the Elsewhere to get alicornhood, temporary or not. All the ponies are magically linked to the mysterious dimension where alicorns are created, no magic is needed for this, as the earth ponies, the pegasi and the unicorns are all associated with it. When she returns - the G5 will start.

But Alicorn Sunny could become the Princess of Harmony if she were to gain permanent alicorn powers at the end of the G5 many years from now, as a finale to her generation. There are many more years, and her fate is not nailed down. Hopefully after the Friendship Empire from the last episode of G4 is rebuilt all over the known world. Sunny has a potential empress in herself. And in the background, the Mane 6 and their friends will look down on the rebuilt Equestria, with peace of mind that their example will live on.
Background Pony #121A
@GoodVibesGorgeous
it’s not only that, yet eqd also announced that the movie is rated pg

Maybe because we’ll see “dead” ponies if the Mane 6 shows up which I think could happen if Sunny were to get to the “Elsewhere”? If the third movie from Kung Fu Panda is used as a source of inspiration to “clear the way” immortal and longest-lived alicorns as well as give the Mane 6 a “future” after their death, it is very easy to use the Elsewhere as the show has shown is a separate dimension around the ponies’ magic in the past, present - and future. When Twilight ascended, it happened with an explosion that transferred her to the Elsewhere - which can be interpreted as her “death”. It is possible that Sunny will not become a permanent alicorn as she will not “die” during the ascent, and may gain temporary alicorn powers.

We do not know how the Mane 5 will return the magic to the world, but it is possible that the unicorns found the solution, but could not make use of it as long as the tribes remain separated. There, Sunny can come into the picture with her heart and kindness in her ambitions to unite her people with friendship. It is possible that Alicorn Sunny is needed to bring back the magic, with the help of her friends. We do not know what the finale of the movie will be like, only that it will involve an alicorn.

When the movie ends, I hope that the riddle of how the magic disappeared will not be answered, so that a villain can appear later in the G5, which may be an old acquaintance for us. First the windigos that destroyed G1, then the disappearance of the magic that destroyed G4. Is the boss villain himself in the Ponyverse still on the move? Then the G5 ponies need an alicorn princess during the finals of the G5 series. But until then, Sunny and her friends will spread friendships, rebuild broken bridges, find challenges and confront opponents and villains, if they wish to rebuild the lost from the past. Because when magic returns, so will magical enemies. Then Sunny’s temporary alicorn powers could be of great help.

The sunrise. That’s what Sunny symbolizes - a new tomorrow.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide