MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #565D
@WyrmSpawN  
Ahh.  
Well, I don’t know, it’s surprising, but i think Hasbro could make it work.

Though it was gonna be expected.
Background Pony #565D
Ok, i don’t know what to think of this, but tbf, Paw patrol Didn’t get affected by this.

But anyway, one has to wonder if Sunny and Hitch are friends??
Background Pony #20A9
Hitch is the token male character, and he’s a cop.

That’s 2 strikes against him, and G5 hasn’t even come out yet.
Background Pony #8E24
I just hope Hitch doesn’t become a himbo. Plus, since he a sheriff and all, I wonder if they are going to give him a country accent?
Background Pony #20A9
Hitch gets a country accent, but not the cool Sam Elliot kind. The “Inbred hick” kind”.
Background Pony #565D
@Background Pony #8E24  
Hey, they won’t.  
They wanted to have a diverse, why make the male token character.

A country accent would be interesting, would make up for the fact that we may not have AJ in this gen.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
If they couldn’t decide whether Pipp’s eyes were red or green, why didn’t they give her heterochromia? Best of both worlds, and extra representation to boot.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@TheFinite  
A New Generation or Pony Tale… I think the first title is better!

@Wiimeiser  
Or Netflix Malaysia confused it with My Little Pony Tales or My Little Pony: Pony Life. Malaysian dubs of series always keep the original title (even though it’s not the country’s language).
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
Honestly I feel like calling it a new anything Kind of makes it feel like Its a sequel Yes it could take place in the same universe but thats not the same as a sequel
Background Pony #121A
@northern haste
Then they should probably keep reference to g4 as light as possible, because no one will buy that otherwise.

As with G1 for G4, you mean? The movie is likely to be full of vague references about G4, but when the TV series comes out, the background from G4 will be minimal, only the background lore will continue - races, culture, localities, history. I would be very surprised if the book that started and ended G4 did not appear at the beginning of the movie, and if the Mane 5 did not find a statue of Mane 6 somewhere out there to prove that these had existed. Maybe when the movie ends, a new book will be brought out to symbolize the beginning of G5. They will still be in Lauren Faust’s creation if G5 is a continuation of G4.

To start an era, the previous one must end in an epic and symbolic final act where the new will take over. We have not come to this stage that can be in the movie. It is intended to start the G5 by picking up the track from the G4. That may be enough if Sunny gets a certain book at the beginning of the movie. When the movie ends, G5 will begin as a separate era.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide