MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #6ABD
Nevermind, just found it. It’s from Animation Ireland’s Facebook.

On Friday they’re having Irish Animation Awards, and part of the event is “a sneak peek of what’s to come from animation in Ireland.”

BoulderMedia is Irish, yes, but it doesn’t look like any of the guests are associated with it. And I don’t know why Hasbro would let any big G5 reveals happen there of all events. But hey, it’s possible I suppose.  
Here’s some info:  
https://linktr.ee/IrishAnimationAwards
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
I’d say that at the youngest they could be, Twilight turns 16 in Magical Mystery Cure and Sunny turns 16 at the onset of the movie, but that’s the far low end of the estimation. 18 or so seems likely.
Background Pony #6ABD
@ichiban iceychan 1517  
Have they really said that? I mean in the show bible it says they have the maturity of someone aged 10-15. The show clearly didn’t end up sticking to that, they definitely seem like young adults and are called “grown-ups” on several occasions. Plus the comics had them go 20 years into the past where they met their child selves. So it’s pretty clear they’re depicted as young adults BUT I don’t think staff or Faust have actually said they’re meant to be in their early 20s.

As for the Mane 5, I honestly think they’re gonna be depicted as young teenagers. I guess we can’t really know until we hear them but they just look younger to me and Sunny’s room resembles that of a child’s more than an adult’s.
Background Pony #121A
@ichiban iceychan 1517
Have they really said that? I mean in the show bible it says they have the maturity of someone aged 10-15. The show clearly didn’t end up sticking to that, they definitely seem like young adults and are called “grown-ups” on several occasions. Plus the comics had them go 20 years into the past where they met their child selves. So it’s pretty clear they’re depicted as young adults BUT I don’t think staff or Faust have actually said they’re meant to be in their early 20s.
As for the Mane 5, I honestly think they’re gonna be depicted as young teenagers. I guess we can’t really know until we hear them but they just look younger to me and Sunny’s room resembles that of a child’s more than an adult’s.

Faust had said the Mane 6 are younger adults, and that means they were about twenty years old or a little older when the show started, and nine years later they had more or less established themselves for the rest of their lives - in the best part of the life. The last episode of S9 showed everyone except Twilight and Spike with signs of age on them, this showed that they were in their forties, at the end of an active life. The Mane 6 were definitely not teenagers throughout the G4, most had been able to live independently and participate fully in everyday life. Celestia would not have let such young ponies risk their lives during the adventures. And neither will Faust, MLP G1-G4 is not the place for careless teens.

In G5, it seems that the Mane 5 is somewhat younger than the Mane 6, probably recently finished school, then they are certainly between 16 and 18 years old, much younger and at the very edge of their lives as adults - just barely dry behind the ears. They are older teenagers who want to take the step into the world to reform it, with youthful zeal and energy that the Mane 6 does not have. And they may need it.
Background Pony #6ABD
@Background Pony #121A

Like I said, it’s pretty obvious the Mane 6 are young adults but I can’t find a source of Faust actually saying that like you say. I can only find the contrary where she said she thought of them to be 10-15, maturity-wise.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
@Ebalosus  
This is closer to where I am, TBH. Though I am not sure shipping would be a deal breaker. I tend to not like it with the mane 6 as they were, in my mind, supposed to represent friendship and be like sisters. There is a scared bound with that is often forgoten in EVERYTHING IS A SHIP! With this new cast we will see but I don’t think it would bug me as much if they set up for it. Still would want it in moderation though.
Background Pony #6ABD
@GoodVibesGorgeous  
Oh gosh yeah it still doesn’t look great. And once again Pipp’s eyes are red instead of green, huh.  
The two Sunnys especially are not very flattering. It’ll be disappointing if this is what most G5 merch (like stickers, books, etc.) will look like. Even early G4 stock vectors were more appealing than these imo.
Background Pony #121A
Like I said, it’s pretty obvious the Mane 6 are young adults but I can’t find a source of Faust actually saying that like you say. I can only find the contrary where she said she thought of them to be 10-15, maturity-wise.

I think Faust meant the mental age, as the G4 should not be “too grow-up” for the children who are meant to be the main audience for the MLP. But the Mane 6 were definitely younger adults to be able to participate completely freely and independently in the pony community - and Twilight was probably only 10-12 years old when she got her cutie mark and cracked the egg. It had been about 10 years or more before she went to Ponyville. It has been established that ponies age as fast as humans, in some cases much slower.

The G5 ponies have a youthful appearance on them, something that is absent on the Mane 6 - and since the only two adult ponies seen so far from the G5 are not much bigger - it is thought that the Mane 5 are older teenagers between 15 and 18 year. Since they are meant to be rebels, not active participants in their society, it is fitting that they should be in the rebellious phase of their lives.
Background Pony #121A
@Background Pony #6ABD
I actually do think the art style looks somewhat good, but only when the faces are facing certain directions. Otherwise it looks good. But I don’t like it because of how ugly the faces look when facing specific directions.

It is the snout with the nostrils, it is too flat in comparison with the G4 ponies which have a slightly narrower muzzle. Thus could have got the impression of a flat face as the jaw is not deep, and the width between the nostrils means that we will automatically perceive the face to be “flat”. If it was only a third to a quarter less, it would not have been so drastic. We see a pointed face on a G4 pony from the front and from the side.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide