MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #6ABD
@WyrmSpawN  
I’m not too sure about that, I think they could have easily hired people who would have loved to make a new world, they’re just too afraid of alienating their G4 audience.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

So I’ve been reading a (decidedly negative as a whole) retrospective on the Mass Effect franchise that spanned several hundreds of thousands of words during this month, in anticipation to the remaster and then the sequel*, and I just finished the part about Mass Effect: Andromeda.

One of their points was that this last game felt like it tried to copy the elements of the previous generation, and failed to produce a good result because it didn’t understand why these elements were put in to begin with.

And just like that, something clicked in my mind and I realized the similarities with G4 and G5.

Yeeeah.

It’s a possibility rather than a certainty, of course, at least from what I personally ‘know’ of the next generation. But that realization was sobering all the same.

I’m still fluttering around Friendship is Magic because that universe inspired me like nothing else ever did. It’s also a possibility that A New Adventure will excite my muse just as much. Maybe even more!

Chances are that’ll be despite the art style though, haha. Giving Hitch and Zipp the patented, punchable “Dreamworks Face” in their seconds-long teasers certainly didn’t do it any favor!

But it’s still got pegasi, and they singlewingedly made me care about (Fallout: Equestria spoilers) the original Enclave simply because that story made those guys pegasi. G5’s odds aren’t zero for me, at least. Especially if we finally get to see the tribes’ current—and separate—cultures, pegasi or otherwise.

Still hoping for some crystal ponies, too. Hopefully they’ll do something new rather than bring Sombra back yet again if that happens, though.

*Yes, I’m an idiot, I know. We all know. After Mass Effect, I read the articles about Bethesda not understanding Fallout either. Just in case you had doubts.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I mean, it’s not like most of the work is done just by setting it in the same universe as G4. G5 is set in the future, but they still need to actually make this future world with its own contemporary lore.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

On top of that, it’s a fantasy show, so in addition to contemporary lore, it’s going to need some kind of mythology anyways. So they might as well use the mythology that returning fans already have an emotional connection to.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Brass Beau  
They’ll probably drop all but the four main pony races as far as screentime goes, at least for the first season/first two weeks. The only other races apart from the school 5 I see returning are zebras and kirin since they’re just modified ponies.
Background Pony #6ABD
I think it’s pretty likely that the G5 writers are at least familiar with early FiM seasons so if there’s returning G4 lore it’ll only be stuff from there.

Imalou said on 4Chan that most of the people on G5 liked FiM but weren’t superfans like her and probably didn’t finish the show. And that’s fine, we’re lucky that there are fans of FiM on G5 at all.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide