MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Latecomer  
I get that, but it would be a change of pace to see those kinds of discussions brought up, seeing how so far removed G5 is to the original 80’s cartoon.
Latecomer

@Myoozik  
Well, there’s also the fact that we still have very little G5 data to go on - hard to compare without knowing more. (This is true to a degree for G4 as well, but sharing a universe gives them some more direct connections.)

Have you noticed any interesting comparisons between G5 and an earlier generation?
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Latecomer  
And I could be wrong, but I think G4 had some loose connections with the previous generations as well. I can think of a few examples with Twilight Velvet, Tirek and Scorpan and Grogar. But, seeing as how it looks like they’re gonna be moving forward instead of looking back, I don’t think they’re gonna mention much about G1 to G3.

I haven’t, not yet at least.
Background Pony #FBD5
What are the chances we might see the Villain Trio free and as antagonists to the Mane Five?
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Myoozik

@Latecomer  
Another example of how gen 4 had connections to the past generations would be like how the mane 6 are all based off of their gen 1 counter-parts.  
I think I have said this beforehand, but gen 5 reminds me a lot of Mlp Tales. Like the modernization thing going on.Plus, if I remember correctly, the races were split from each other. So all the main ponies we saw were earth ponies.
Background Pony #6ABD
If G4 was essentially a reboot of G1 (specifically MLP n’ Friends) with elements of G3 then I think G5 will be essentially a reboot of G1.5 (MLP Tales) with elements of G4.  
Modern tech, separated pony races, the characters probably being kids/teenagers, no magic, etc…lots of Tales vibes.  
I just hope it’ll be less boring than Tales
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
I would assume that’s roughly what they’re planning - from what’s been described in the various press releases, it seems as if they’re going to start out with something close to MLP Tales (but with newer technology), and have Sunny round up the other ponies we’ve seen and go on a quest to reintroduce magic to Equestria.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Brass Beau  
Depends on what exactly was meant by Equestria having “lost its magic”. If it refers to all magic, then they’d have to have redeveloped their technology to work without it. If it refers only to that “Magic of Friendship” thing, or only to certain forms of magic, then we could still see some magitech.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
I would guess magic was still prevalent, assuming that that’s the reason why unicorns are casted out compared to that of earth ponies and pegasi. It would seem kinda odd for unicorns to be feared, but they can’t use their magic spells at all.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
It’s also possible that there is some limited contact between the tribes for trade purposes - the earth ponies could be using their earth pony magic to grow food to sell, and in exchange the unicorns could be using their magic to produce high-tech gizmos to be sold at Pony Best Buy or whatever.
Background Pony #D959
What if Hasbro released G5 shorts on YouTube featuring the main characters, as a way of building up hype for the movie?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide