MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #6ABD
@Background Pony #0A40

Maybe I haven’t been paying close enough attention to how EqD usually is, but it kinda feels like EqD has been reporting incorrectly a lot more lately. There’s also been a problem with them not citing sources lately? I know it’s basically just a glorified blog and not professional (and I’m glad it exists) but is Seth doing okay?
Background Pony #6E32
So the whole series is on netflix AND its all in this uncanny CG? Guess I’ll pirate if I feel like catching an ep. Honestly, the visuals are what’s mainly turning me off from G5 and to hear the whole thing is like this really doesn’t make me feel like buying a netflix sub.

Its like when the hub became discovery family all over again.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Shows like this are usually made at a loss since the point is to drive toy sales. Last I checked, 3D animation is considered cheaper than 2D so Hasbro is probably gonna throw the least amount of cash at the series as it can.
Background Pony #6E32
I know bad 3d’s cheap, (think crappy direct to dvd movies by some no name company) but I thought good CG was expensive to make.
Background Pony #6ABD
I’d prefer 2D but television 3D has gotten a lot better lately. Heck, the cash-grab Spongebob spin-off Kamp Koral doesn’t look bad at all and that’s in 3D.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide