MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Latecomer

I’m a bit confused… wasn’t there a basically confirmed by now rumour which more or less identified the leads?

As for age, I’m guessing similar to the Mane 6.
Background Pony #9141
Do you think they will get celebrities to voice some characters or will they stick to union voice actors?

I’m guessing they will stick to union personally, because if they had any big actors they would have announced them by now.
Background Pony #9141
@Brass Beau  
Yeah I could see someone like, Justin Long, Ben Schwatrz or Ginnifer Goodwin getting a role. But they may stick to union because it’s cheaper, they may get one minor celeb if anything.
Background Pony #6522
I honestly think we will get union voice actors mostly with some celebs rarely here and there, I could see guest star format though, just like in the last gen, which could be nice. (Weird Al was amazing as Cheese and I will die on that hill.)
Background Pony #6522
@Background Pony #3E41

@DerpyFast  
Hmmm, that could be quite nice, though that still leaves the question of M6 fate, which honestly, I’d like to know about. I could even see them having a sorta cult around them, which could be interestingly tied into whoever rules the Neoequestria.
Background Pony #7A60
@Background Pony #6522  
My headcanon is Twilight is hiding out somewhere, Pinkie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Dash lived peaceful lives but are no longer with us, but they still have their descendants here. And finally Applejack is a very old pony watching over her great great how many great grandchildren….
Background Pony #6ABD
I think the G5 cast will be middle school aged, or maybe first half of high school (if they were humans). Hitch is probably older than most of them and has a job (explaining his badge). Or, he’s closer to their ages (maybe older high school) and is a junior sheriff-in-training.

I’m leaning towards Hitch being Sunny’s older brother and having a role and personality similar to Sokka from ATLA.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@Latecomer  
Actually, yes! One of the concepts mentioned there that carried over to the final product is that unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies would live in different places. However, this concept obviously had some adjustments since then!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide