MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Nothing lasts forever. Things fade with time. The Mongol Empire was the largest contiguous empire in human history, and now it’s gone. I’m on board with G5 being a sequel if it’s far enough into the future that Twilight’s Golden Age of Friendship could have just plausibly declined over time.

Besides, legends of Twilight and her friends inspiring future generations to make the world a better place is way more interesting and realistic than “everything was just fine forever”.

Plus, it would mean that the question of “living up to past generations” that hangs over a new show would also be the question hanging over its characters.
Background Pony #6522
@DerpyFast  
It is history, yes, for now. Great Khan shall return under golden auspice of Eurasianism and make all things under heaven just.  
But, on the actual topic.  
It’s not that I want G4 to go on forever, neither probably does anyone here, it’s just that most of people who have hesitations with that sort of stuff are afraid of legacies of past getting tarnished, I won’t lie, if G5 goes with ‘Welp, things are shitty again, that’s all Twilight fault’, and have that be entirely off screen, that’d be… really bad. And, if leaks are correct, then, that is sorta the case. It’s not that people dislike concept of future ponies living up to Mane 6 legacy, it’s just that people don’t want to see that legacy getting tarnished. Which I think is a fair point.
Background Pony #7A60
@Background Pony #6522  
I don’t really think the take of “Twilight ruined everything “ works here.That’s like saying “Jesus was at fault” when Judas was the one that betrayed him. Like with what someone said before, time changes. Maybe Twilight was a competent leader unfortunately maybe someone she taught wasn’t.
Background Pony #3E41
@Background Pony #6522  
To be fair; considering she’s been made into an action figure along with the rest of her friends, Twilight’s legacy at least seems to be fairly positive. Unless it’s like Steven Universe and they keep shading Rose Quartz/Pink Diamond over and over again with less showing of he positive qualities.
Background Pony #6522
@Background Pony #7A60  
That’s entirely fair point, however, if we assume that ‘Clique of Alicorns keeps every being separated by race and are evil’ leak is right, in my opinion, it ultimately really hard not to make that fault of Twilight narratively, these are her heirs, and probably also some sort of relatives. (Cadenza being married to Shining and all.) So it’s just hard for me to picture her being bad at picking/grooming heirs and bad at handling mess that made not being a factor in such case, but then again, that’s me basing it off leaks that might or might not be correct. However, and please don’t see this as attack on your point, ‘times change’ argument I’m not sure how much works here, Twilight is an Alicorn, and we seen both Celestia and Luna living for over thousand years, and not really being that much worse for the wear. Surely, that would change power dynamic of times changing pretty hard, at least in my opinion. Unless the show is set in really far future.
Background Pony #6522
@Background Pony #3E41  
That is true, but my issue is less with how she’s seen inside of the universe at start of the show, and with how things are actually. Though, once again, I’m basing my points here on leaks that might be not correct. So if it’s Twilight being bad at grooming her heirs, and then giving them power and having them misuse said power whist doing nothing, that’d be pretty not in character for her. As far as SU thing goes, can’t really comment because never watched, but that’s sounds not that nice.
Background Pony #7A60
@Background Pony #6522  
Yeah ,I guess it does depends on how forward we are into the future to start pointing fingers towards. In the case Cult of Alicorns idea, maybe they had a reason into why they separated the ponies.What if the reasons is something close to the idea of God separating Humans because of the Tower of Babel ( idk why I’m reverting my ideas from the Bible for a Pony movie).  
I’m just surprised more people aren’t saying it’s “Luster Dawn’s fault” if anything…
Background Pony #3E41
@Background Pony #6522  
Or maybe Twilight’s heir or her heir’s heir was bad at grooming their heirs and it’s not really Twilight’s fault that this happened. We can’t expect every successor to be able to accept or be able to implement the same lessons their predecessor learned.
Background Pony #6522
@Background Pony #3E41  
Hmmm, haven’t thought of that, though, good point, then again, this really depends on how far in the future we go/what are lifespans of Alicorns/etc

@Background Pony #7A60  
Hmmmmm… I guess Luster doesn’t seem like she’s guilty party based on the fact that Twi just got the crown, so it wouldn’t make too much sense for Luster to be Twilight heir. (Just like Celestia had bunch of students before Twi IIRC) Also, that’d be interesting idea for the movie. ||Gimmie Gnostic-vibe MLP any time, honestly, buck Demiurge and all hail Sophia. ||
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #3E41  
Pretty much this. It doesn’t immediately have to be Twilight’s fault. Or maybe it’s a cyclical thing. Celesita and Luna’s past failures created a “proving ground” for Twilight and her friends. Twilight and her friends ushered in an era of harmony, which might mean that future generations didn’t have the opportunity to prove themselves in the same way she did.
Background Pony #AB46
G5 has already generated way more discussion and fanart than Pony Life ever did.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
I’m more interested in the speculation surrounding Spike than surrounding Twilight. Some wild theories out there, like G4 Spike being a villain.
Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Sci-fi & Dragons
I will probably start to believe certain rumors I’ve been hearing of G5 if all of what’s listed below happens (not just one or two; all of them, in my best ways of describing them):

1. There will actually be only five main characters (other than the flying pomeranian)  
2. The pegasus female is a prankster  
3. Hitch being intelligent and consistently trying for logical conclusions  
4. There being a second male who is also a pegasus (very unlikely) who tries to be humorous and is friends with the prankster

There may also need to be other factors, but those are the few I can most easily think of.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide