MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Latecomer

OK, looked myself… not much so far, certainly not beyond “safeish guess” territory.

-by the beginning of series the Mane 6 have become a myth
  • Mirror from EQG has gone missing
  • technology is now similar to present day earth
  • Adventure Time & Steven Universe along with other cartoons have become influence for G5
  • there aiming for TV-Y7 rating
  • Discord might appear
  • a descendant of Starlight Gimmer will be recurring character
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@Latecomer  
Makes sense Adventure Time and Steven Universe are going to be inspirations for G5. I do remember seeing something in the leaks from December 2017 that mentioned series of relatively similar themes (Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls and DuckTales 2017) as inspirations for G5.
Ranch
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Dragonball Girlfriends
Lol why are ponies so stupid. They keep forgetting historical facts and deem them “myths”. I guess this is how they regressed back to the 3 tribes….somehow? Yet also managed to gain modern day technology and live in relative peace.

When we all know the Pegasi would have just bombed everyone and taken over the world by now.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Gravity Falls or DuckTales influence would be great. Not familiar with AT. If it starts turning into SU I’ll tune out immediately but hey plenty of time to see what’s gonna happen with it.

Mirror gone, good, pls let dreadful humanized abominations die with G4

Glimmer descendant relevant to interests for obvious reasons

Might be cool if the G4 story is indeed regarded in-universe as just a story, but that’s getting kinda meta
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Also to contribute myself to this thread, I’d like it where it can have some references to FIM, but it can establish its own identity without having it rely too much on G4. It’ll make it look like they’re trying to recapture that past magic (pun fully intended) without trying to try something new. Think about it, if they couldn’t keep the quality of FIM consistent throughout its 9 seasons*, then doing that on a brand new series is possibly gonna be a recipe for disaster.

*I don’t mind the later seasons too much despite their faults
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I hope it relies on G4 as little as possible as I’d like to keep the two separate as much as I can; a clean break would’ve probably been better because now we’re going to get grown people nitpicking canon and lore discrepancies between generations of a preteen girls’ toy sales commercial show. Some of y’all are waaay more serious about that sort of thing than I am :p
Background Pony #4D5A
I hope it relies on G4 as little as possible as I’d like to keep the two separate as much as I can; a clean break would’ve probably been better because now we’re going to get grown people nitpicking canon and lore discrepancies between generations of a preteen girls’ toy sales commercial show. Some of y’all are waaay more serious about that sort of thing than I am :p

We’ll see.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide