Oh hi, Markdown. We are migrating the site to use Markdown. This is currently in beta testing phase. Click here to learn more.
Pony with care! Remember to tag images from or revealing story of the G5 movie with spoiler:my little pony: a new generation, and report any images of camrips/leaks for Rule 1!

MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

EquusStorm
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Criticism is fine as long as the criticism is more thought out than “b-but it’s not G4” which I’ve seen a little of already in various places. I just don’t want to judge something I know almost nothing about yet.
EquusStorm
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I’m still extremely salty that the DuckTales reboot only got three seasons; clearly objective quality and number of seasons don’t correlate so who knows how long it lasts.
Background Pony #6ABD
So, the G5 series being on Netflix is a great idea (much better than Discovery Family), but because of Netflix’s binging format, online discussion will probably be lacking.
Background Pony #4D5A
So, the G5 series being on Netflix is a great idea (much better than Discovery Family), but because of Netflix’s binging format, online discussion will probably be lacking.

True.

@EquusStorm  
Fair point. Hard to tell this early on I guess.

It probably might last 4-6 seasons, depending on the reception the toys, movie and series get.
EquusStorm
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
@TheAmazingPeanuts

Have to say honestly I enjoyed it even more than FiM, it’s wrapping up nicely but I had hoped they had enough ideas to keep it going for longer since the few other shows I was following had wrapped up recently too. Series finale should be airing pretty soon.
EquusStorm
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
The thing that annoys me about how G4 wrapped up isn’t necessarily how long it lasted, as I found at least some episodes to like in all seasons, but more about how they introduced a ton of worldbuilding and potentials only to change course and not explore them, leaving a lot of neat concepts and locations as one-offs. If G5 can explore the worldbuilding they introduce more thoroughly in more focused, fewer seasons, that’s great.
TheAmazingPeanuts

@EquusStorm  
There are other shows that I honestly prefer over FIM in terms of writing, I’m not a fan of how the show ended with questions left unanswered. I hope this new show does a better job of explaining things then just ignore it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~