MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
In better information for my previous post, G5 barely looks alike with Filly Funtasia at all; with the most similarities being generic stuff that shouldn’t be included as proper similarities to begin with:

• Similar eye shape, but different in size (doesn’t count; it’s a generic eye shape)  
• horns differently-colored from their bodies  
• Hooves differently colored from legs

And stuff that is already done in multiple previous generations (including G4):

• At least resembles cartoon horses (obvious; it’s in the franchise title)  
• Eyes on front  
• Muzzles smaller than their faces

It seems some people behind them tend to exaggerate.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I’m seeing a whole lot of not wanting to let go of a generation that ended two years ago here

As good as G4 was I’m going to be judging this entirely on its own merit. I guess people can compare if they’re into that sort of thing but I’m going to try hard to completely separate the two as much as the lore lets me.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I just hope people don’t immediately expect it to match G4’s legendary level of cultural significance and success since that’s far from normal for even really good shows. Just because it probably won’t cause a massive decade long subcultural renaissance doesn’t mean it’s a failure. I’m not sure we’ll see a phenomenon quite like G4’s impact again regardless of quality.
Background Pony #7A60
@EquusStorm  
Agreed. Some people are treating Gen 4 like it was some masterpiece. Don’t get me wrong, gen 4 was good and fun, but sometimes the writing was slipping in some episodes. Hopefully, Gen 5 can improve upon it.
Background Pony #4D5A
@EquusStorm  
Well, I ain’t.

@Algebroot Neogears  
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
It feels to me like a meme that is stupid in that it gives the other franchise unnecessary attention. It doesn’t actually make reactions to G5 itself worse, but it does still make things worse by pretty much giving the other franchise an unhealthy amount of publicity.

Well, to be fair, wasn’t Filly Funtasia inspired by MLP??
Background Pony #4D5A
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Probably cause Filly Funtasia got the same thing. Dog eat dog world.

Although assuming Hasbro decides to exclusively license Filly Funtasia in the US, It would be interesting to say the least.
Background Pony #4D5A
[spoiler]@Ghost Reviews  
I know that we should reserve our true thoughts till it actually comes out, but there seems to be some that believe, or at least act, like the new show is “perfect” and above reproach. That is a dangerous line of thinking, that something is above being criticized.
[/spoler]  
I kinda think it’s depending on the amount.  
Personally i do think G5 will have criticisms, but who knows?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide