MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Applepie1973

Nostalgia Purist
@Background Pony #CDA3
I think the initial attraction came down to three things:
*Nostalgia for late 90s / early 2000s cartoons
*The novelty of “My Little Pony” not being terrible
*The show being about figuring out who you are and finding your place in the world, which ended up resonating with people aged 18-25.
Now that the brand is more mainstream, I feel like G5 won’t need a perfect storm.

Right said
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Shiny Bug
Huh, interesting. I’m fine with it being set in the future of the main show, and am curious where it could take the lore, and could allow them to more greatly explore the cultures of races other than the ponies. The main character being an activist could make for some interesting stories.

Already seeing some kneejerk reactions to the “diversity and inclusivity” thing, but I’d rather wait and see how they’d do it before making judgements in that regard.

EDIT: Most important thing this means is more changelings maybe!
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Generation Alpha? That’s a new term.  
Activist protagonist? Ooo boy is that gonna be a hard sell.  
Themes of diversity and inclusivity? I really hope we don’t get token characters and “very special episodes” or this gen is not gonna last.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

The article mentions wanting to hold on to the lore from G4. So, The Student Six weren’t about “diversity and inclusion”, they were devices used to help flesh out the lore of the other species.

What stands out to me is that FiM was a bit like Star Trek, where the different races represented ideas. The ideas were a product of the lore. For example, the changelings explored themes of guilt and identity, and their stories were about wrestling with the guilt of what they did under Chrysalis’ rule, and how they had to forge a new identity for themselves after her defeat.

My issue is that most of the lore is the product of a specific moment in time; a time we presumably weren’t in by the time of the finale, and definitely won’t be in by the time G5 starts.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
We’re likely to get villains in the range of Chancellor Neighsay to Filthy Rich (though Spirit of the Woods was a good story) if they decide to do Captain Planet style villains for an activist to face. Could be good if they lean into how cheesey the show was.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@WyrmSpawN  
Less villain and more general antagonist. I can only think of three occasions where he held the role (Where the Apple Lies, Legend of Everfree and Spirit of the Forest) but the “rich industrialist villain” archetype is more what I’m referring to.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Pretty glad to hear that the upcoming movie might be a continuation of G4. But supposedly it’ll include easter eggs for G5? Neat, a chance G5 might be a sequel to G4.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Dustcan  
At first I was dissapointed because I wanted it to be a complete reboot but now I’m willing to give this a shot. After who know what stuff you can continue with.

I guess the question is, how much farther into future will it be? How will the world change?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide