MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Yes, there may be. I just doubt it because the character in the animatic is an Earth Pony, but I really like the unicorn dude’s design and I wouldn’t complain if he turned out to be an actual character in G5! Maybe a male Gusty, judging by his Cutie Mark.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Well, I don’t know how related to the Mane Six he would be (maybe a huge fan of them?). But the leaks mentioned the production staff wanted two important male characters in the cast, but not as protagonists (they probably would be as important as Spike or seasons 6-9 Starlight Glimmer). If they actually are following the concept, the older character in the animatics probably is one of the said important male characters! Maybe the girl with him is one of the protagonists and the song takes place in the past.
Background Pony #6ABD
This animatic is super interesting! It could be test footage, something they did for fun while working on the movie, something they auditioned with or something that was actually made to be a storyboard for the movie at some point. Them deleting it makes me feel more inclined to believe it was actually a storyboard made for an early draft of the movie. I’m guessing it’s pretty irrelevant now but I’d be okay with a G5 where G4 does exist but as legends. I really want G5 to be in a whole new universe but the Mane 6 are so iconic in their current forms so I think making G4 stories that this (father?) is telling (his daughter?) would be a good way to bridge the two.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
What if G5 connects the other four generations. Like, the different worlds idea isn’t split between races but generations. A multiversal generation, ya know?
Background Pony #13BA
@Brass Beau  
Damn that’d take some next level writing skills. How tf is that going to work out. As interesting as it sounds there may already be problems with it, such as having to have Tara to voice Twi again even though it’s confirmed that she won’t.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
So after hearing from >>2453374 that Hasbro made their own convention that excluded MLP, and that girls’ stuff conventions are out of the question, I don’t think G5 will be revealed until after it’s released. It will just be released without warning, not even a shadowdrop.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@Background Pony #13BA  
Think about it: All we know is it’s coming in September and two artists who are working on it, and with Toy Fair 2021 being cancelled due to the pandemic and Pulse Con being exclusively for masculine brands (The Pulse product page does have MLP, but all are in G1 style and all but two are crossovers with other Pulse brands) the earliest possible point it could be revealed is Toy Fair 2022.
Background Pony #13BA
@Wiimeiser  
And the fact that we still barely have any news about the G5 movie. If that gets pushed due to the pandemic, then oof.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
I think I’m in denial or possibly insane because the lack of news and frequent cancellation of events that could provide news is making me laugh.
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
@Blissful690  
The girl is an Earth Pony, so it’s unlikely she’s Luster Dawn. If the new ponies we saw in the Secret Rings toyline actually are the protagonists for G5, the girl is probably either Bright Sun or Locket Key.
Wiimeiser

(Foil Hat)
@GoodVibesGorgeous  
So… What are the names of said toys? I haven’t bothered searching but I know for a fact plugging “Secret Rings” into Google will only get me Sonic.

@Blissful690  
Could that possibly be Luster Dawn?

I’m sick of people assuming G5 will be a sequel. G5 will have about as much in common with G4 story-wise as Yooka-Laylee does with Banjo-Kazooie story-wise. End of story.

@Background Pony #CDA3  
Hasbro will shit the bed with the marketing for G5. Mark my words.

Considering it’s coming out this September but won’t be revealed until February 2022…
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
@Wiimeiser  
The new ponies from the Secret Rings toyline are named Fizzleshake (based off G1 Fizzy), Magic Mimics (based off G1 Mimic), Bright Sun (based off G1 Bright Eyes), Locket Key (based off G1 Locket), Sweet Sugar Pop (based off G1 Sweet Pop) and Masquerade (based off G1 Masquerade).
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
@Latecomer  
If you mean the toyline’s title, Secret Rings comes from the fact that they’re blind bags that come with rings (the jewelry kind). If you mean what kind of ponies the new characters are, Fizzleshake and Magic Mimics are unicorns, Bright Sun and Locket Key are earth ponies and Sweet Sugar Pop and Masquerade are pegasi.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide