MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Background Pony #51DA  
Except the toys didn’t look too much like the show. Regardless, if the tone down the wack proportions, they don’t really need to change the style much. They already switched from the weird boots to regular shoes so shrinking the head, expanding the waists (probably broadening the torso overall) and shortening the legs is all they really need to do. They can probably keep the chromatic skintone since it’s eye catching and not all that unusual (I’m looking at you Doug)
Latecomer

I personally kind of feel more like having humans in the actual show a la G1, except without them taking it over - help with the message of cross-cultural relations and all. But who knows if that makes any merchandising sense.
Background Pony #7A60
@Brass Beau  
Ok okay. That’s kinda sad that they didn’t make any other toys of the different creatures. I was looking around and apperently gen 1 had toys for other animals intead of ponies, which is kinda cool.  
full

They should have done that more.
Background Pony #13BA
@Latecomer  
Same here. A lot can change over a few years, between the first ideas and the final product, so we shouldn’t be too quick about jumping to conclusions based on the leaks.

Official news are few and far between, so there’s not many certainties yet.
Background Pony #7A60
@Brass Beau  
Yeah, They have so many characters,that it makes no sense why we couldn’t get actually more toys for these charaters. Hopefully they will remedy this in the next gen.
Background Pony #6ABD
We got a Zecora toy too a while back, the mold isn’t any different from the ponies but it still technically counts as a non-pony toy. And Capper was released with a brushable pony.  
They also did more creatures in the Guardians of Harmony line, like Changelings and the pirate birds but idk if those really count since GoH is kinda its own thing. And from my understanding they didn’t sell very well (unfortunately), to this day you can still find Captain Celano in the clearance bin at Walmart.

Hasbro was already pretty bad at releasing multiple PONY characters as brushables in G4. The show is so naturally toyetic (even without the stuff Hasbro obviously requested), I honestly don’t understand why they didn’t make so many characters and places in the show into toys.  
At least the blind bag line was pretty good and extensive I guess?
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Chrysalis could maybe make a comeback but Cozy might be asking too much. Combining Chrysalis and Sombra would be cool though. Turning into smoke, sucking the life out of a pony, shapeshifting and using black crystals to steal magic sounds like a top tier villain to me.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Brass Beau  
Honsetly, they could keep the idea of Cozy. Having one of the villains be a normal pony. Instead make that pony an actually friend with the mane cast.They could even make them a side character, to make the betrayal more jarring.In my opinion,I thought it was kinda obvious of Cozy being a villain.So make this pony more subtle.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide