MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Background Pony #7A60  
The two series don’t really have to intersect since the original barely did. You got ponies on one side and horse girl high on the other. Just give the characters pony ears and tails and you’d have a perfectly suitable franchise on its own.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
The original dolls were meant to compete with Monster High, as the legend goes, but they didn’t quite match the quality from what I hear. I think if more thought went into their manufacturing, along with marketing design because yeesh then it could compete. At the very least the minis were very popular from my understanding.
Background Pony #6ABD
I’m honestly surprised the regular EqG dolls were successful enough to justify 4 movies and lots of toylines before the minis were made. I always saw Equestria Girls dolls in stock in the toy aisle while ponies would be flying off the shelves. For the most part, collectors aren’t really into the EqG dolls. No idea what the consensus is among kids but I guess they like them? That’s the only thing that makes sense.

And honestly, the whole idea of the toyline is…strange to me, even ignoring the whole ponies-to-humans thing, it’s like, MLP for older kids? But the whole concept is so reliant on MLP to work. Does any kid really graduate from MLP to EqG? I just assume you’d watch/play with both or only MLP. It’s hard for me to imagine you only consume EqG, especially since the dolls are generally not great quality, at least compared to Monster High. Even people I’ve seen who like EqG better still watch MLP along with it?  
…anyway, for a while, the only thing we ever had were the regular dolls and we still had 4 movies and tons of lines before they started making the minis. So either they were really desperate to make it work so they kept trying (unlikely) or the regular dolls were selling well enough before the minis came and became pretty successful.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@GoodVibesGorgeous  
It would be nice if EQG 2 took full advantage of the Alternate Universe setting. Maybe have the same characters with different traits or different backstories. Maybe even a different group of friends.

Even if it’s a modern setting, they could integrate some worldbuilding into the Eqg 2 verse.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
As far as popularity goes, I have a sample size of 1 (my kid), but EqG was way more popular. Especially Sunset and Muffins. I liked it more myself and actually gave regular MLP a try because of it. MLP, for sure, is gonna remain the main focus but EqG definitely has potential for broadening the franchise and bringing in an older audience; both older kids and adults. Even if the original dolls didn’t do well, it was definitely a learning experience for Hasbro and I think can competently compete with not only Monster High but maybe even Barbie.
CottonTales
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@Brass Beau  
It was about as popular as the show iirc slightly less but it was on less consistently too. It probably is good for bringing in a different audience, it was personally never my thing but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t good or wasn’t somebody else’s thing
Background Pony #7A60
A personal peference I have is,if they did make a EqG Gen 5 version, make them more “realistic.”
Background Pony #7A60
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Well they did Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends,El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera,The Amazing World of Gumball,Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja,Wander Over Yonder, they also did the EqG summertime shorts, and Rainbow Roadtrip, just to name of few of those shows, they either animated or helped with. I think their more than capable, since I absolute adore Wonder Over Yonder.
Background Pony #51DA
@HumanoSiniestro  
I see what you mean. I like these designs more because thay look more realistic to what we got. If these were the charater models for the show, it would make it even more jarring when Twilight went in the portal the first time. Not only was she a human, but the human world was not as colorful and more “plain” than the pony world.It would have seemed like the human characters were from “our world”, just cartoonified. But instead we got rainbowed colored skin tone bobbled head humans,whose legs were most of their bodies.However it makes since they would have those design for the toys.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide