MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #4608
@GoodVibesGorgeous  
Tempest seems to have good chemistry with the characters in the comics, especially with AJ.So I think it would be cool to have that “edgy,Emo characters”.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
I’m a big believer in “Tropes Are Tools” so I think five is a good number for main characters. With thirty-one unique character dynamics, you could fill almost three full seasons (sixty-five episodes) exploring each of those twice. You could even have all five in every season premiere and finale if you only do at least one of those dynamics once. The question is, with three pony races + Spike, what would the fourth be? Bat pony? Qirin? Kelpie? Maybe two dragons; one eastern and one western styled. Breaking down their personalities wouldn’t take much effort with a good five man band template. Just take these building blocks, expand and play with them and we should have a decent show. Slice of life tends to favor a small location pool, usually just one town, where as adventure tends to favor large worlds. Doing both could be hard to justify with a plot device like the cutie map, though.
Vortaxonus

@Latecomer  
I guess they could go with 5 pones of varying races, the obvious trio of unicorn/earth/pegasus, but throw in a sea pony and 1 flutterpony/changeling. And 1 random dragon, or human if their feeling spicy.
Background Pony #4608
@Brass Beau  
I like that idea of 5 main characters, but I also like the balance of 6 of gen 4. If they do a odd number it seems that most of the main character would most likely be earth ponies.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
Well, the fourth could be a bat pony that’s grumpy all the time since he’s awake during the day. That could be funny.

@Vortaxonus  
One human, one dragon, three pones would be an interesting group.

@Background Pony #4608  
Six is good for a male and female of the three main pony races. It can be hard to balance their personalities, though (I’m looking at you Tommy Oliver). It does give you sixty-three group dynamics (including solos), though. I would hope for a Spike to be considered a main character instead of secondary, which lends to the idea of an odd numbered group.
Background Pony #13BA
@Latecomer

@Brass Beau  
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they returned to their G3 roots. But with the success of G4, maybe they could add something a little different to spice it up.
Background Pony #13BA
@GoodVibesGorgeous  
We don’t know what the plot is yet but maybe it’s one of the possibilities. If the movie isn’t as light then maybe it would revert back. Idk, just a wild guess.
Background Pony #4608
Honestly it should go back to it’s roots. It should be for kids of course but still be mature. Cartoon nowadays hold much more darker themes, mlp should follow suite.
Background Pony #4608
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Steven Universe was good until the ending. It held mature theme pretty well, but like Mlp it gave redemption at the wrong place and at the wrong time.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide