MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #51DA
@SpectroKeronian  
Sunny Daze should be the most easy to write for though, her character was already fine in gen 3. They don’t need to reboot her like they did RainbowDash.
Background Pony #4608
@GoodVibesGorgeous  
I hope they keep her color scheme in a way. She, besides Minty, had colors that really stood out from all those pinks and purple backgrounds.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
@Background Pony #4608  
Yes. Sunny Daze had a pinkish white coat, keeping it in G5 means they wouldn’t need to have a pure pink pony. Maybe we can have pinkish white, purple/lilac, blue, green, yellow and orange (or red, if Hasbro actually doesn’t want to have another orange pony) as coat colors for G5 main characters, keeping the color harmony just like G4.
Background Pony #4608
Looking on the list of those pony names, some of those names are so on the nose it’s great. Bow tie was a gen 1 pony,but she was also in gen 3 so maybe they could reboot her. Savannah Sage is also a pretty name that they should also keep.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
I just hope we actually have some good villians this time. Starlight was a good villian, how they reformed her needed some work. Hopefully we actually have the “real” Grogar, instead of Discord pretending to be him.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Woah. Weird thought. Like, what if humans are part of this generation? And what if some humans got turned into non-pony creatures? And what if a father and son got turned into a gargoyle and dragon, respectively?
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Brass Beau  
That would be more in tune with gen 1. They had humans living in that world, but most of them where the bad guys. I wouldn’t mind if they put humans in this gen, but I wouldn’t want them or care for the humans characters if they did.The example you gave does seem intresting though, like they were cursed and the the ponies would have to help them. However it’d been a while since there has been legit regular humans in mlp, so it might be kinda jarring if there where some in this universe.
Vortaxonus

I wonder if they bring back the rainbow of light and darkness duo from g1. I know the latter made a cameo in the Magic is Friendship comic line. Maybe rename them to “Light Rainbow” and “Dark Rainbow” or something to avoid copyright.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
I honestly don’t think there was really nothing wrong with the gen 1 show. I mean if you take away the the three human children or make them show up in only a few episodes, develop the villians a little more, then you got yourself a perfect 80’s fantasy show.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide